Wish upon a deathstar... What do you want?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by penchu, March 25, 2013.

1. penchu

penchu Member

Hello fellow backers,

I just wanted to make a topic on what if anything you would want in PA, I know this is not an official thing but we can still wish cant we? :D I know we might be being repetitive but its possible we could come up with something that the developers will think "...Yeah that's a really good idea/point" so here is what I personally want more than anything in PA

I WISH FOR SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN!! - I would love this more than anything, I loved the narration in TA I weirdly got into the story and enjoyed playing the campaign and YES I did play it multiple times, I played it from both sides loads of times with different strategies and personal challenges like bots only etc :D I would love to do this again and gives you something fun to do while your offline and want a little more story than a skirmish...

Now its your turn, You have 1 wish only 1 so choose carefully (Please mark your wish as red! so we can differentiate from wishes and general banter/chat)

Have fun!
  2. Kashaar

Kashaar New Member

They already confirmed to be working on all the things I would wish for, so I just wish I had it in my hands already <3

As for the single player campaign, one of the stretch goals was a replayable metagame called Galactic War, which you could maybe imagine like the campaigns of the Total War games or maybe the single player mode of Dawn of War: Dark Crusade/Soulstorm. I think they explained that a full, "proper" singleplayer campaign with cutscenes, story and so on would take a lot more time and money to produce than this, which sounds reasonable to me.
  3. yogurt312

yogurt312 New Member

I think the price tag and time costs for a single player campaign were listed to be about the cost of the entire game again over. So if you've got that much to donate i'm sure they will be happy to oblige.
  4. penchu

penchu Member

I understand that it would take a lot more time and money which is fine with me but I just personally love a good story mode campaign I find them really fun and I hope when the game is released for a little while and they get more time and money it becomes an option to create an expansion for story mode, thars just what I would like to see even though I know it might not happen :D its my wish
    Last edited: March 26, 2013
  5. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

I wish I was a baller, I wish I was taller...
  6. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

A "...a rabbit in a hat with a bat" might make for an interesting unit.
  7. penchu

penchu Member

I just knew someone would mention a rabbit :D
  8. meltedcandles

meltedcandles Member

SPIDER-BOT COMMANDER OR ENGINEER!
  9. krashkourse

krashkourse Member

I wish commanders will explode very big and be carry able by a air transport.
  10. cursedmind

cursedmind New Member

I wish for dedicated server + game running on same machine to max out threading and memory usage for people who like to host and have those really silly/useless specs like 32+gb ram and 5ghz hexacore.

And I wish for gamestate recovering (auto)save/load options for that dedicated server in case of crash/disconnect/people suddenly deciding to go sleep in an epic 8 hour session of annihilation.

Also I wish for modded server to be able to host the mods directly to clients, or some other way to quickly get everyone to use the same mods in the right version.

Probably stuff to add in later tho.
  11. comham

comham Active Member

I hope when I see the metal planet destroy another planet in PA for the first time I get the same feeling seeing Alderaan explode in the original star wars.
  12. penchu

penchu Member

Ill host for you :) I have one of those stupid 32gb octacores :p but its only 4.5ghz lol
  13. antillie

antillie Member

There will be mod tools. I'm sure more than a few people will make single player campaigns. Hell I'll be surprised if it takes more than 6 months for someone to re create the entire TA campaign for PA as a mod. In under a year there will probably be a total TA conversion, campaign and all.
  14. exampleprime

exampleprime New Member

This ^

Also Wish upon a Blackstar. Good album.

I also want to units that can construct themselves, but thats a bit of a hefty ask
  15. rabbit9000

rabbit9000 Member

Support for transforming units!
  16. antillie

antillie Member

K-bots in disguise? :p
  17. rabbit9000

rabbit9000 Member

Depends how in disguise you thought Metroplex was...
  18. penchu

penchu Member

I think he means like trees, rocks and stuff :eek: that would be cool if your going though a canyon and BOOM all the rocks turn into k-bots then you get smashed :D id be dead but id laugh the whole time! thinking ahhh **** shoulda see that one
  19. rabbit9000

rabbit9000 Member

Was it a C&C game that had cloaking units which looked like trees? Mirage tanks? Or did they just turn invisible?

I forget...
  20. meltedcandles

meltedcandles Member

mirage tanks turned into trees. :shock: just realized there was a transformers reference!