Wired or wireless?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Mutated Muskrat, January 10, 2011.

1. Mutated Muskrat

Mutated Muskrat New Member

The wife wants to get a wireless router to eliminate some of the wires around our computer. Should I also get an adapter to go wireless on the xbox 360? I had always heard wired was better, is this true? :?:
  2. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

I would really advise not to. I used to have the wireless adaptor which i used for 2 days while playing waw. I have the new slimline x box with built in wireless. I have 50 meg down an 5 up an i use this connection for my x box through my ethernet cable. Despite x box saying how good their cable free gaming is just ignore them. Both are terrible even 3rd party systems.

Wired is 100% better, save your money.
  3. grindout

grindout Member

Keep wired.... You will always be connected. I lose wireless connection all the time but can still go on xbox live cuz it is connected with the ethernet cord. Wireless adapters are nice but not great if you are going to play possibly for a longer period of time sometimes
  4. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

I've used an XBox 360 Arcade with the Microsoft brand wireless adapter for about three years with no problem at all. If I ever do lose internet connection, it's always been my ISP not the wireless adapter.
  5. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

Yeah but i would take a wired connection anyday, im not saying wireless doesnt work its just not giving you the most from your internet connection.
  6. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

What do you mean by that? Typical wireless networking equipment supports data transfer speeds many times higher than you average cable internet connection. The speed and reliability of your connection depends much more on your ISP than whatever networking equipment your using.
  7. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

internet for my xbox is tricky

too far away from modem to connect with wire. So I connect my xbox to my laptop which receives the wireless connection.

doesn't give me the best connection, but its the best I could so without spending money
  8. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

Exactly, my connection is really good so i wouldnt wanna ruin it by going wireless as a cable is always faster at transfering data.
  9. F5in

F5in New Member

Why would anyone argue that wireless is better than wired? >_>

The only downside to wired is wires.