[WIP] The Alternative Future

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by reptarking, November 13, 2014.

1. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

The Alternative Future!!!

This is a Custom Game that I am going to be developing over the coming months.

Goals of this game:
    -Create 5 Levels of Tech
    -Create a custom economic system based off a mix of energy wars economic idea and a self creating economic idea with no exponential limit.
    -Create a Custom map for this game that it is meant to be played on, in the end I hope to have about 5 different maps.
    -Using ReScale and other mods to change units and possibly adding in experimentals.
    -Create a slower gameplay type that will take up to 2 hours to finish, to do this I need to make it easier to build up a base and defend and make it harder to create an army also need to find a way to change victory conditions to supremacy instead of assassination.
    -Using the base idea of 4 unit types and possibly adding more. (Bot, Vhec, Air, Sea, Mecha, Orbital, and Spaceclass)
    -Increasing total game from about 26 combat units(vanilla) to around 50+
    -thinking about making different factions based off of commanders, ie. commander types each allow different factions, Raptor, Tank, Imperial, Quad.
    -Trying and making far more diverse tech tree by making special engineers for more things, example: nuclear engineer, combat, economic, defense, research.

Working on:
    Currently I am working on just planning things out in a google doc and once I have planned out techs 1-4 which I will be shooting for just the first 4 complete for alpha I will release all the spread sheets for people to look at and theory craft.

Help:
    If possible I will need custom models created for all sorts of things in tech's 3-5. I will buy models I see fit to put into game for a wooping 2$!!! I would love free donations towards this project but I kinda want to help support modelers even though im broke. :D
    I will also probably need some help with just the overall idea planning and direction of this game, This game is going to be a huge mod somewhere around 300 Megabits i believe and the more people helping and dedicated the quicker everything will get done and development will speed up.
    Nicb1 and sleepykid12 like this.
  2. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

I'm really liking the concept of this mod so far. I may also contribute a few models when I have a bit of time (atm bit busy with the orbital and commander mods).
  3. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

I was going to ask if it cool later on to maybe use some of those orbital models inside of this game?