[WIP] Random System Editor Seeds

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by cptconundrum, January 24, 2014.

1. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

We already have a mod to randomize seeds from the new game screen, but now we can do it right in the system editor! This mod just adds one button to randomize all planets in the system and another button to get a random seed for just a single current planet.

1.jpg 2.jpg
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

The single planet button works perfectly, but the whole system button has issues right now. If you click it, save the system, and reload you can see the changes. This means that it does work well enough for the times that you want to quickly get a new seed for every planet in the system so that you can go play a game. What I can't do is preview those changes with the preview all button. To preview, I need to make an engine call to update the planet specs, but the only planet the engine seems to have an update hook for is the one that is currently being edited. I'm looking for a way to quickly cycle through them and make the engine call.

*Edit*

I just found the random system templates mod. There probably isn't even a need for this one.
    Last edited: January 24, 2014