[WIP] playerRep [53072]

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by sirstompsalot, September 20, 2013.

1. sirstompsalot

sirstompsalot Member

This mod is mostly a proof of concept to explore how much can be done with the API without core code hacks.

playerRep is designed for multiplayer; throughout interacting with players you can up-rate them or down-rate them; during server browsing these reputations are reflected.

Given the spirit of the Alpha, I chose not to hide games that include players you've down-rated, but suppress their identity instead. I hope it'll become more clear in the screenshots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's not perfect (its rather alarming how difficult it is to mod when the server list changes so rapidly) but I don't think this first version should cause any glaring issues.

Installation is manual for those that are curious. Add the following lines to the very bottom of your ui_mod_list.js file:
    Code:
    // Mod files for PlayerRep
    global_mod_list.push('../../mods/playerrep/global.js');

Todo:
    • Add player chat colors
    • Figure out a positive & negative color scheme, including for highlighted rows
    • Add rating controls to lobby & game over screen.
    • I do plan to create a textarea hook, so you can add notes to the person you're rating
    • Add a method to remove the rating of an individual
    • Et cetera.
    Known Bugs:
    • It done gone broke in team games. Will work on it.
    Feedback welcome. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: September 20, 2013
    lokiCML likes this.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

good job. although the messages could really do with being much much smaller.
  3. sirstompsalot

sirstompsalot Member

Thanks mate, I'll reduce them.
  4. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Here's a Mod Manager ini file for this mod - put it inside the playerrep folder and it will let the mod be enabled/disabled by the Mod Manager.

Attached Files:

5. sirstompsalot

sirstompsalot Member

Thanks Raevn; when I can get the mod manager for mac working I'll get these INIs sorted.
  6. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Oh, what's wrong with the Mac version of the mod manager? Is it the missing Qt4 libraries? Do you get an error?
  7. sirstompsalot

sirstompsalot Member

I think it might be my own ineptitude rather than a problem with the mac version you wrote. I did install the Qt4 libraries, but no matter what I do I get:

Code:
    RyanMacBook-Pro:~ ryan$ /Applications/PA.app/Contents/MacOS/pamm_mac ; exit;
    Segmentation fault: 11
    I tried a few different locations; it was either the seg fault or illegal op.
  8. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

This is pretty cool.

The server list updates due to a call to setInterval. Normally, you don't want stale data in your list, so constant updating is good, but while modifying the scene I usually turn off the auto update. You can then manually update by opening up the webkit debugger and typing:
    model.updateServerData()
    sirstompsalot likes this.
  9. sirstompsalot

sirstompsalot Member

Niiiiiiiice. Thanks for the tip sir!