[WIP] PA-BTC.com

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by jtibble, December 19, 2014.

1. jtibble

jtibble Active Member

Hi PA mod-developers and PA players!

My name is John, and I've been working for a while now on the infrastructure for a new type of mod: a PA tournament buy-in/prize/payout system, powered by Bitcoin!

Currently available functionality:
    • Users can register and log in.
    • Logged-in users can create tournaments and join tournaments that are open for registration.
    • Tournaments can be one of three types: Free (no buy-in or prize), Prize (funded by creator, no buy-in), or Buy-In (prize accumulates as users register and pay the buy-in fee).
    • Tournament creators can change the registration status from open to closed, or start the tournament by marking it as 'Active'.
    • When the tournament is complete, the tournament creator can mark the tournament as 'Complete'.

• When a Prize Tournament is created, the tournament creator must fund the tournament by sending the correct amount of bitcoin to the generated BitPay invoice.
    • When a user registers for a Buy-In Tournament, they must pay for their registration by sending the proper amount of bitcoin to the generated BitPay invoice. It is then added to the tournament's prize-pot and their registration is marked as 'paid'.

Upcoming future functionality:
    • When a tournament is completed, automatically pay the prize to the winner.
    • Creation of a PA (PAMM) mod to expose this pa-btc system within PA itself.
    • Integration with PAStats and/or PA itself to use PA's usernames and authentication (if possible).
    • Integration with Exodus E-Sports' API to allow for funding of larger tournaments
    • [Propose functionality in the comments below!]

I've rambled enough. Please check out the site at https://pa-btc.com and let me know what you think!

Please note: Currently the site is wired to the bitcoin test-net, so if you need test-net bitcoins, get some from http://tpfaucet.appspot.com/

Thanks,
    John

Edit: Added some screenshots:

Folks who may be interested in this because they're technical or because they host tournaments: @cptconundrum @Bsport @reptarking @thesambasti @clopse @ZaphodX @Quitch
    Last edited: December 19, 2014