[WIP] Frontline Commanders.

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by squishypon3, September 12, 2014.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I feel like making a game mode based completely around aggressive commanders, each commander will have a different weapon, Uber cannon, ability, etc... Whilst units support it on the front line.

Let it be so!

Anyone have ideas for what commander you'd like to see have what? ;)
  2. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Well a obvious one would be the deltas missile pod shoulders.
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

If you could code in a functioning D-Gun... >:D
    nateious likes this.
  4. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Well actually, that could or should be fairly easy.
  5. squishypon3

Make it shoot multiple explosive projectiles really quickly at first, then have to reload. That could work. :D
  6. epicblaster117

epicblaster117 Active Member

Sounds like fun, maybe a PA moba in the works lol
    squishypon3 likes this.
  7. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

I don't like MOBAs.

Would gladly help with this. Always wanted to make different commanders have different stats and weapons, and have all the missile pods and chest-cannons working on the commanders.
  8. squishypon3

Sadly we can get the chest cannons and such working until Uber releases their system for making models. As models with rotated bones don't export well at all, and trying to get an animation through papatran came up with an error every time. :/
  9. epicblaster117

I don't really like them that much either, but imagine PA where commanders have the complexity of one as well as all the other stuffs.
  10. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

But we can offset the muzzle flash, and add all the right weapons, speed, and stats and stuff? What progress have you made so far? How can I help? :)
  11. squishypon3

I haven't done much at all to be completely honest, just got my computer fixed so I've been taking a break. You can help with ideas or work on some of the commanders if you'd like. There are quite a few! I've got an idea to keep it against pay-to-win however, basically there are (however many free commanders there are) worth of different types. Each paid for commander is just one of those types. So there could be a commander thats fast, a slow one, and a middle on lets say. Then there's three extra paid for commanders, they'll be assigned those traits as well.

Basically you can't get a different type of commander (stats wise) by paying for one. ;)
  12. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

I quite like the idea of this mod. If you want I could probably contribute one or two commanders in the future.
    Although my own mods will take priority, but I still don't mind contributing at some stage.
  13. epicblaster117

Is there any plans to have Front Line commander support for other balances such as your own statera or RCBM?
  14. squishypon3

As long as the mods don't have conflicting shadows it should work, or possibly if you make this one have priority. (First in boot order)

So I thiiiink.. It should be compatible, though I definitely can't guarantee it'll be balanced. :p
  15. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

RCBM doesn't shadow com files but does shadow base_commander.

We shadow all commander files.
  16. squishypon3

Do you know if prioritiztion is a thing yet? Basically the order in which mods are loaded, and if there's a conflict the first one to be loaded will be top priority? Or will it break, or maybe even make some weird hybrid?
  17. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

No, it will just overwrite. I'm just not sure if it's last-one-wins or first-one-wins. PAMM takes care of that, courtesy of the priority field. Of course, if the priority field in the mods are the same (likely), then it's just semi-random. As in, one will win, but it's always that one on every start of PA.