[WIP] Copy Session

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by wondible, June 10, 2014.

1. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Hit your system copy command on the start screen to put the session id into the system clipboard. If you can find your PA or PA.exe binary in a "command line" or "terminal", pass the session id with --ticket and you will be automatically logged in.

- https://github.com/JustinLove/copy_session

Following OS X only (pull requests welcome)

The entire command line is copied to the clipboard.

(probably linux as well) If you're restarting PA a lot (due to crashes or shader development), the mod includes a restart.sh shell script which can be invoked as follows:

Code:
    ./restart.sh "<C-V>"
    Where <C-V> is your paste command containing a shell command, and the quotes are very important.

You'll need to Ctrl-C to kill the script when you actually want to quit.

A fair bit of prior discussion on the topic of session ids in a different thread: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/wip-steal-my-password.60630/
  2. wondible

I had a session expire. Probably from a day or so again when I made the mod, and I used it just a few minutes ago.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Did it still login and only fail on creating games? That's the only issue I had so far for my main account: Login inside of PA seems to work, but creating games instant fails and returns me to the main menu.
  4. wondible

No, fail to login and asked for username/password. Didn't write down the exact dialog message.
  5. wondible

67249 changes ctrl-C behavior - the game catches it even when running via the script, and then the script immediately restarts it. I had to go to another terminal and kill the restart process. Experimenting with adding a timeout so a double ctrl-C will work.
  6. wondible

Expired session:

Code:
    UNABLE TO SIGN IN

Error connecting to UberNet: Ticket authorization failure
    Client Error -5: Invalid session ticket, please log in again.
  7. wondible

OS X copying broken in 67249 because SDL doesn't have a mapping for Command key.
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Yeah that expire message is what I got after I added a random x at the end of my semi working session.
    I think to get a session it is easier to grab it from within your browser's cookie, really ;)
  9. wondible

Work-around: ctrl-dash is triggering copy (PA#3640)