Winning the game really fast.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Spooze, August 16, 2010.

1. Spooze

Spooze New Member

If you win a game within a certain amount of time, you should get more winning cash.
    Just won a game within 3 mins, but since you only get $1000 for winning, it wasnt really worth it thought.
  2. Jebiga

Jebiga New Member

You should get in general more cash for winning, sometimes it doesnt rly matter if you win or lose cause both get almost the same amount.
  3. Spooze

Spooze New Member

Yeah i agree with that, but for winning you should get still get more, makes the fans cheer when their favorite team wins fast. :)
  4. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

I used to think the same, but you automatically earn $300 at the beginning of each match and the winners get an extra $1000. And if the game goes really fast, that means you just earned that much money pretty quickly and are getting another chance to earn that money again much sooner than if you played a full length game.
  5. Captainremo

Captainremo New Member

Yea, there should definitely be a larger cash prize if you win in under 3 min or something.

Also this is a team oriented game giving some guy who snipes the whole match the most cash because he went 15-0 stinks,especially if he did nothing to help take out the money ball.
  6. DCtheEE

DCtheEE New Member

I disagree with this sentiment. Regardless of whether or not they were directly attacking the money ball, they were eliminating enemies that would have come between you and the money ball. Snipers have a very specific purpose and ARE valuable team members.

Now, if I was good enough, I'd play one normally, but alas, I suck at it. -_-
  7. FiercelyFuzzy

FiercelyFuzzy New Member

Sniping is hard, so if they can stop the other team, not get sniped, and not get assassinated, then sure they deserve 1st. I have a pre-made team of 2 snipers, in the first seconds of the game you see
    "My Team (headshot) Their Team" That can pop up 3-4 times in a the time span of 4 seconds.
  8. Captainremo

Captainremo New Member

Then i am going to have to agree to disagree because i have played enough matches with snipers, like i have mentioned above, who contribute nothing to the team. They run away when enemies are attacking our base because they dont want to lose their streak. To see our team lose and a group of 2-3 snipers on top because the use of said tactic is sad and kind of frustrating.

The last thing i want to see this game turn into is a sniper war. I have seen it happen to other games and it just makes things more difficult and hurts the community.
  9. DCtheEE

DCtheEE New Member

Fair enough. In my short time with Monday Night Combat, I haven't seen this happen at all, but it makes sense that it could.
  10. Captainremo

Captainremo New Member

Ya it doesnt happen to much...yet, i just dont want to see it get there. It happens more with people who are like lvl 60+. When you get a bunch of peopl like that in a group...turns into a ninja/sniper war that just isn't fun.

But i have to admit, this game is almost perfectly balanced, and honestly i haven't run into to many of the sniper issues i mentioned. I just think it would be nice to add more of an incentive to work on taking out the moneyball, than just farming for kills. Just my 10 cents, i love the game and it has replaced Lost Planet 2 which had so much potential but bombed.
  11. Briq

Briq New Member

This thread got derailed a little, but I agree with snipers providing the least to the team as far as winning the game. Most play very defensively, thinking that their 3+ k/d ratio makes them a good player. They rarely kill bots, which is one of the most important aspects to winning a game. Sure they can kill people fast, but so can assassins, gunners, pretty much every class in the game, while providing more to the team than just killing those people. Killing people in and of itself isn't even that important, they lose nothing and are back in the game in 5 seconds. It's having an easier time pushing bot lanes that makes killing people worth it, but if you're just sniping in the back and hoping the rest of your team is winning the game you're doing it wrong. I don't think this is an issue with the sniper class, but rather the average player's idea of how the class should be played.
  12. Red Rain

Red Rain New Member

this totally this.
  13. fake

fake New Member

Definitely. Until there's a new TDM version (please, Uber - don't), that is not the purpose of the game, which is a huge part of the appeal. I think another way to give incentive to winning over killing is to provide more stats than just the KDR.

I'd like more $$$ for early wins too. It seems an exceptional feat to take out another team's moneyball really early, so I think the game could stand to treat it as such. Even w/just a $500 bonus or whatever.

Or maybe just a unique message from the announcer, something like "I've had quickies that took longer than that," or some such.

Recognize the skills and the teamwork. Just sayin'.
  14. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

There is already an incentive to taking out the money ball... you get money for shooting it. Ever juiced the money ball and notice how quickly you get cash?

But back on topic.... The most money I've ever gotten out of a game was $5900. I don't think it was a full game, but it was getting close to the end of the regular period. More or less in say 12 minutes I got 4900+1000= $5000.

When my team wants to end a game quickly we usually win within 90-120 seconds. In a short game like that I'll get 1000+1000=$2000.

5000/12= $416 per minute

2000/2= $1000 per minute

If you want to rank up quickly then you should try to end the game as fast as possible.
  15. Captainremo

Captainremo New Member

Winning a game in 2 minutes isn't something that happens EVERY match. A lot of matches go to 12 minutes thats why its no big deal, but winning in 2 minutes is pretty hard to do. Primarily because you typically dont have enough to buy juice, or have every skill maxed so its harder to take the moneyball out. Because of the difficulty involved with taking the moneyball out in 2 minutes or less i think it should get you 2000-3000 bucks, or something "extra"
  16. Monty

Monty New Member

I dunno, I haven't really seen that problem too much. Guilty, I play as a sniper frequently, but I don't sit back in spawn and shoot. Sure, I'll do that for the first minute of the match, but as soon as the game gets going, I'm pushing right behind a tank or a gunner (who make wonderful meat shields :p). Hell, a lot of times I do the most damage to the moneyball by running in and throwing a flak at it. I don't see how some snipers can sit back in spawn and just pick off guys, that seems so boring to me.