Winning Strategy Discussion

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jtibble, June 6, 2013.

1. jtibble

jtibble Active Member

How have you won matches so far? I'll start:

1. Find enemy base
    2. Move engineer close
    3. Build ridiculous turret
    4. Turret destroys everything
    5. ???
    6. Profit

Share your successful strategies!
  2. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

It's far too early to be worried about balance problems. Also, this is the wrong forum to be talking about alpha issues.
  3. lordmd

lordmd Member

Sounds interesting. So the enemy is not trying to destroy the engineer? (or building defensive turrets in advance?)
  4. deso88

deso88 Member

Dat turret.
  5. savvon

savvon Member

No it's not.

What do you think alpha is for? <---rhetorical question
  6. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

I cant say anything about my strategies, because those are good ones. Insta kill ;D

I was really disappointed when "nuclear sup" couldnt make those nukes. I saw that and was like "AWESOME" but then, "ohhh...". Im sad tiger, had to kill someone other way.
  7. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Not sure if serious but...

Early alpha is for testing if the game crashes and how it runs on different pc configurations. Balance testing comes way late in beta, when you're reasonably feature complete.

Also, wrong forum.
  8. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

[​IMG]

What Raevn and SmallCPU said. Alpha is about getting the game running. We can start talking balance when most of the units are in. It's moot talking about it before we have more than one planet and a way to get to another planet. ;)
  9. lordmd

lordmd Member

But I guess some people always will complain and want already a perfectly balanced game in Alpha cause they paid money. :mrgreen:

Anyone plaid Minecraft back when it was Alpha? There you could see how much a game changes...

I remember still Multiplayer where health was bugged...

Agree: Alpha Planetary Annihilation should try for technical stuff first and get Mac/Linux running and tested later in the Alpha and maybe additional stuff added.... maybe rough balancing.

Fine tuning balancing in beta then.
  10. LordQ

LordQ Active Member

That's the thing though Jessep, I'm not sure this thread is a balance thread. For example, if I were to start a balance thread, I'd start harping on about mass to dps ratios or something. It seems more like a 'Interesting Ways You've Won A Game' thread.
  11. deso88

deso88 Member

I remember when you couldn't craft in Minecraft... yeah.
  12. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

neutrino mentioned in live stream chat, that Scathis is already working on balancing the toughest issues.
  13. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

My response was aimed at the post that suggested alpha was for balancing. It is not and never has been.

Scathis will do his best to make the alpha as much fun as possible balancing-wise but all bets are off once some of the more interesting features are implemented like unit cannon, satellites, H3-mines or KEWs.
  14. themindlessone

themindlessone Member

My winning strategy is quite simple

"Don't Lose"
  15. frankablu

frankablu Member

Couple of tactics.

Fly over enemy commander with a scout and click on it and press delete.
    (Never done this one so no idea if its still in the game)

Mass Tech 2 Tanks

Use flying engineers to build a navy base in a lake near the enemy base build the tech 2 ships and watch as they wreck everything with ridiculous range and damage.
  16. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

Built one tier one factory build tier two factories (as many as you can) never use tier one units unless you want them to be a distraction and ignore bots they're currently useless at the mo
  17. cephel

cephel New Member