Wii U version.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by epicu, April 13, 2014.

1. epicu

epicu New Member

I know you devs have answered Descend's question from the Wii U forums, but at the moment, it seems there is a bit of fanboyism going on. I can tell by the commentary. Don't want to try your luck on the Wii U? Fine, because you may eventually suffer sales loss depending on how many people buy the game. EA is already suffering, it's fanbase is slowly dying because of the broken games and crap. So is Sony, they had to sell off their headquarters while Nintendo made a new headquarters in the UK (or US?) and have about over 4 billion zen in their bank account, that's enough to last Nintendo 30-40 years with each loss.
    I know you guys are don't want to risk your chances, but aim for the quality and you will certainly do just fine. Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto 5 has brilliant graphics, but lots of glitches and a few or more game breaking bugs, that doesn't necessarily render it unplayable or enjoyable, there's lots of things to discover and find.
    Nintendo's upcoming titles Super Smash Bros Wii U/SSB 3DS and Mario Kart 8 are going to release this year, not to mention Zelda U and X might have a chance to also release in 2014. There are a lot more people awaiting those games than Sony and Microsoft combined. The elderly gamers may not get back to console gaming, but Nintendo sure does bring back memories.
    However, if you consider this and change your mind within the future (for example, the Batman Arkham games), you may even gain a bit more money. What can possibly go wrong?

Thank you for reading this. I do hope you guys reconsider your thoughts, as it would bring joy to Nintendo gamers all over the world who are interested in this type of genre.

~EpicU.

Feel free to comment your thoughts on this.
  2. ke55

ke55 Member

Lets put it on the N64, i'm sure that will work.
    ace902902, stuart98, Geers and 3 others like this.
  3. yagle

yagle New Member

I think that's the problem.
  4. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

This topic already exists and was discussed to death.
    The conclusion was that, 1) the wii u is nowhere near powerful enough, 2) The wii u userbase is waay to small which also leads me to 3) There is simply not enough profit in it for the devs considering how much it would cost to port it/downscale the game for inferior hardware.

I have nothing against the Wii U, but a port of PA would simply not work.
  5. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

6. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

It would definitely be fun if the developers could afford to do it. The problem is that Uber is a very small game company and can't afford to lose focus. In a perfect world though, they would make PA for every platform.
  7. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Nintendo is nothing but a fat old pig wallowing in IPs so old that you could send them to an oil refinery and power a small city. It doesn't matter how successful Nintendo is, that's completely irrelevant. What's relevant is the amount of Wii U owners who would buy an RTS for a console as oppose to a computer. That number is going to be far to small to justify the port.
  8. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

I agree N64 comes before wii U, more people interested there. just about same specs too.
    stuart98 and cptconundrum like this.
  9. c4ptainpronin

c4ptainpronin Active Member

Oh look, its this thread again. 1388967375552.jpg
    sypheara likes this.
  10. Geers

Geers Post Master General

For what? A hook? We're not supposed to get hooked? We're not addicted to the forums, no matter how many people voted "brianpurkiss" in that thread that one time.
    sypheara likes this.
  11. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

Please stop it hurts.
    sypheara likes this.