Why the Assassin's needs her prowess back

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by infrablade, October 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. infrablade

infrablade New Member

This video is to show the prowess the Assassin once had, and what many of us who play as Assassins would like to get back. We did this toward hopefully aiding the decision makers to make the choices based on understanding players and their play styles.

We recorded this right before the update occurred...

The Strength of the Assassin
    Last edited: October 20, 2010
  2. southsidesox24

southsidesox24 New Member

"The Affect of Nerfing the Assassin Class"

Maybe both the best and the worst thing I have ever seen. Mainly the worst.
  3. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Or you could try to, hmm, how should I put this...
    Assassinate?
    Don't forget that you can pull out your shurikens on supports.
  4. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

Protip: Stop running around like an idiot stabbing people in the face. I watched 2 minutes of that and was disgusted at the sloppy play. If any of those supports were competent, they would've put a shotgun in your face and blown that mask clean off your head.
  5. infrablade

infrablade New Member

That sloppy play as you like to put it kept me at MVP on most every game I played... averaging 30+ kills and assist
  6. Bulletr0k

Bulletr0k New Member

That was atrocious. Those supports were terrible for not pulling out their boomstick, and you were worse for not knowing how to cloak, dash, or run away from turrets fast enough.
  7. infrablade

infrablade New Member

Aside from that, I was explaining something to another player using ancient weapon, which is why I was likely looking as those i wasn't serious about playing at that moment.

We were simply gathering footage to express our thoughts about the changes being made.
  8. infrablade

infrablade New Member

I wasn't trying to run away, I was trying to capture footage showing how quickly damage can occur to go along with points we were to attempting make.
  9. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

Well...at least I was able to see how 95% of bad assassins play from the bad assassin's perspective.

This video made no real points other than you can't face grab supports near firebases anymore, and that you should only go near turrets when they are blinded or you have juice to destroy them.
  10. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

That ^
  11. infrablade

infrablade New Member

The point is to show how aggressive you could be at one time with an assassin, but now you can't... not in the way you once could.

Bad assassin huh....keep thinkin that
  12. DeadEye

DeadEye New Member

Assassin was stupidly overpowered and glitchy pre-patch, now it's a relatively well balanced ASSASSIN. Do you think an Assassin should be able to charge tanks and gunners and kill in one grapple-slash or a few slashes? Stupid.

All the patch did was make it so that the assassin had to be played right, not abused.
  13. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

That was bad and you should feel bad.

The sin doesn't need cloak with grapple.
  14. Enigma5081

Enigma5081 New Member

15. infrablade

infrablade New Member

Based on Uber's intent: Deadly, quiet, invisible. The Assassin has become one of the most popular combatants on MNC due to her acrobatic kills and cool cloaking ability.

...make no mistake,she is not a woman to be crossed, even by a teammate

...If she grapples you from the front, itll hurt. (Didn't say anything about tickle) But it wont hurt as much as a grapple from behind! Let her do that and youll find yourself in the respawn spa before you can say Bullseye. So why is it that there are people able to survive a grapple from behind when this and Protips tell us other wise.

I say change that back the way it was intended

So lets recap, hero. You want to avoid being another notch on the Assassins hilt, right? Remember these things:

1. Her blades are deadly, keep her distance. If shes shooting shurikens at you, keep your distance, watch wall bounces and hope for the best.

2. You cant out run her. So kill her fast!

3. Be observant, watch for the warble and listen for the hum of her cloak. If all else fails, get a Tank and light her up!

4. If she smoke bombs you, look to the skies. Better yet, take her down before she has a chance to smoke bomb you then laugh hysterically.

Most of all remember that chicks with swords are deadly.

OFFENSE: 5
    DEFENSE: 1
    SPECIALTIES: 3

I say yes, she should be able to kill by grappling and slashing you, her offensive ratings dictate it. You think because she is small/ a female and has low defense, she shouldn't be able to kill you with an offensive rating like that? The point of that video was to show that her feature set, the way it was, actually matched to the Attribute Ratings.

She maches the Gunner's Offensive and you think that means she shouldn't be able to wipe the floor with him if he gets near enough? That's what's stupid...

The way it is now, her ratings are more like:

OFFENSE: 2
    DEFENSE: 0.5
    SPECIALTIES: 3

The Grapple-Cloak also helped the class to be played more aggressively as the write-ups indicate she should be.

I say she doesn't need it to exist, but she should still have it because it's much of what makes her the Assassin. Without it, and having reduced skill/killing power, she has been made into a joke, having to run along the sidelines killing Bots and Turrets (and avoiding most players) till she upgrades enough to do them any real harm.

I personally get into a game to be a head hunter, which means when you see Ancient Weapon, and I'm behind him, you can expect to be killed, not see me running around attacking non-player characters. If I wanted to do that, I'd play offline... I get online to make players die...plain and simple.

For that reason, I can't agree with the lot of you trying to say the Assassin should only be there to clear lanes and tak out turrets while getting lucky kills in....that's stupid

I say that all classes should be vulnerable to each other, providing a way for everyone to enjoy that same 'Player Killing pleasure'

Frankly the only things she shouldn't have been able to do is double-bomb and constantly sprint. Everything else about her should've been left alone!
    Last edited: October 20, 2010
  16. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

I didn't even have to watch the video to agree with Bolt here. I watched it anyway. I don't and can't play assassin, but at least i'm smart enough to know that. Your K/D doesn't matter. Play that way against any competent opponent, even pre-patch, and you would spend the entire game in your spawn point.
  17. infrablade

infrablade New Member

You don't and can't play the Assassin ...you have no point
  18. infrablade

infrablade New Member

You all wanna make these silly little points about what you think of the gaming style I was using in the video...but you are simply missing the point.

Pre-patch, there were features about the Assassin that allowed her to be played aggressively, daringly and without having to worry about certain actions taken getting you killed.

In this video...I wasn't even playing hard being that I was showing Ancient Weapon - The Assult/Gunner things that I felt would harm the balance of the game and break the Assassin.

And contrary to all the silly comments, even though I was spending most of my time focusing on trying to correct the lighting to even attempt to record video from a system with no A/V out. And again, on top of that (being more focused on talking the Assult/Gunner) while attempting to force certain events to happen with other players who actually had other things they were aimed at doing in the game. I barely ever died during the sessions... and I still ended up MVP on all of them.
  19. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

I don't need to be good at a class to know how to kill it.
  20. southsidesox24

southsidesox24 New Member

All your video showed was:

1) The opposing players were absolutely terrible.
    2) You liked to cloak during the grapple so you didn't have to worry about where you were.
    3) Some crazy written **** that flashed on the screen and made no sense.

Even if there was a relevant intention behind this post, it will be completely ignored and people will just make fun of you based on how you went about it. There have already been numerous posts about this topic, and the issue has been beaten to death. It really just comes down to what you think an Assassin should be able to do. Should they have to worry about turrets while in the middle of an animation that ends with them stabbing the other person and not uncloaking, or should they not be able to re-cloak during the animation because it makes no sense and also bypasses a large part of the games mechanics. Neither side will budge, so it is useless arguing it one way or another.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.