Why is the transition to & from the Deploy skill so sloppy?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by AcidSnow, September 5, 2010.

1. AcidSnow

AcidSnow New Member

Anyone wonder why we lose the ability to aim during the transition to & from the Deploy skill? I would use Deploy a lot more if my aimer didn't get frozen in place for a few moments during the deployment animation, it makes for a SLOPPY transition while in combat - was this done on purpose?
    Last edited: September 5, 2010
  2. Cornstalk

Cornstalk New Member

Re: Why is the transition to/from Deploy so bad?

I haven't noticed this on the gunner at all, but the poor tank definately has this problem. Deploy for him is completely unusable against players because of it. :(
  3. AcidSnow

AcidSnow New Member

...Yeah, it's def a problem with the Tank, but are you sure this doesn't affect the Gunner also? Another thing that bothers me is the SLOW zoom-in from the 3rd person to 1st person: sometimes I'm backed up against a wall, and when I begin to Deploy, the [huge] character model gets in the way of my view as it's transitioning into 1st person = very poor design decisions, which results in a less tolerable gameplay experience :?
  4. pizzapotamus

pizzapotamus Member

I'm sure that the Tank is at least subjectively worse when transitioning to deploy. Be it an actual difference in the transition, a smoother animation of the transition, or differences in the basic gameplay between the two classes(farther away from enemy when deploying as gunner) deploying as a Gunner for combat gives me no problems but Tank deploys are horrible.
  5. Thebigcheese

Thebigcheese New Member

You don't even need to stop shooting/aiming as the gunner.