Why is here no game speed controls or game speed Adjustments ?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by starsauron, August 19, 2015.

1. starsauron

starsauron Member

I want a competition for Supreme Commander.

Has been for sure several times requested by the game Community.
    I am a big fan of such RTS games, but by this lame game performance its boring and unplayable.
    Every of them since Total Annihilation or Supreme Commander games had game speed Adjustments.

Planetary Annihilation & PA-Titans are for me not enjoyable.
    I can spend hours on Supreme Commander or Total Annihilation.

The Gameplay itself is extreme Time consuming till you can actually start to enjoy the game.
    So you do most of the time speed it up or play faster online.

For me it feels by PA that I am pointless waiting for stuff, I would have hours ago in Total Annihilation.

It's actually an easy to make feature that most AAA RTS do have. Like Starcraft 2 or Wargame Red Dragon.
    Why not here ?
    temeter likes this.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

There is a way to control speed when you are on a local server. It's only the UI that is missing.
    Yeah missing feature, hopefully will be there one day. Uber has been improving the game a lot, I am sure it'll come.
    Remy561 likes this.
  3. starsauron

starsauron Member

Is it actually on the to do list ?
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Not sure, but like he said if you host your own server through the .exe you can use command line to adjust sim speed.

But I always found PA's start much faster than TA or Supcom, as you can immediately build a factory. It means you are already harassing the enemy a mere minute into gameplay. I guess that depends on how big a map you're playing on though, huh?
  5. starsauron

starsauron Member

Well in TA and Supcom you do usually speed up. Like to max speed. Than its faster anyway.

Well PA is on different planets. I can't just rush, the enemy could be anywhere.
    And build up the base at basic speed is boring for me even in CnC, where you need justmax. 20 Buildings.

Main Problem here

1 you can say for each worker what shall he do like build up 100 Buildings, then you don't need to care.
    2 you can say for each fabric move the troopers there , so again you dont need to care.
    3 You can't "personally" babysit each unit like in Starcraft, you just send out a wave of units, again nothing that need to be watched by you.

So for me its wait build base, that say group 1 ,move location B. Between, well ? Wait till the next group is ready.
    I did grow up by play TA on max speed.

It's the feature I missed in PA by the first second.

Well now is Titans released, and I am really surprised that no one did care about this.
  6. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Dev said they wanted to make it available in game yeah.
    It's already exposed in server but not easily accessible to the client. So I'm pretty sure it's on their todo-list.
  7. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

8. starsauron

starsauron Member

But this was several times requested like 2 years ago.

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/please-add-game-speed-controls.53392/
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/0/558747922033791104/?l=german

I am not a video game developer, i don't now how to make this, but every good company does do this.
    Example Starwars Empire at War, KKND2, Dark Reign 2, each Total War, Oil Rush or Dragon Commander.
  9. cola_colin

There is a control for gamespeed already. All that is missing is a user friendly way to access it.
    So its some missing UI work.
    proeleert and squishypon3 like this.
  10. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

The thing is they've seen other things as being more important- or they just haven't seen your thread.

Besides all the games you mentioned had huge triple A budgets. ;P (though I don't believe it takes a budget to make the API, I believe they're just working on other stuff they see more important)
  11. starsauron

starsauron Member

So when will it be done ? Since this comment , its have been like a year.

SXX [​IMG] 11. Okt. 2014 um 8:36 Uhr
    Are any game speed options available yet.?Server-side was already released so most likely it's should be technically possible to adjust simulation speed already, but I not yet sure if anyone find out how to do that yet.
  12. cola_colin

We have found out how to control it.
    You need to run a local server with some flag and call some http call on it.
    Userunfriendly.
    How soon the UI will be there? I doubt there is a definite date. It's certainly on Ubers todo list, but things like "the game crashes for people who have some specific configuration" are higher up I think.
  13. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

With Titans rolling out, everyone is going to be peddle to the metal on fixes for the next while.

After that? anything is possible.
  14. starsauron

starsauron Member

Well and how far is it in the priority list ?
    I personally think PA-Titans need additionally like SupCom and option to shut down "unwanted units by player" like nukes, Titans, planet explosions or planet colliders.

Well it's really disappointing if after hours of game , you lose just because some can launch a moon faster.
    And this issue was reported several times.
    Well, I hope for the best.
  15. cola_colin

Nobody can give you an ETA. Uber could make up some date and then they would have a chance to fail it and you would have a reason to get angry about it ;)
    Fixed dates rarely happen. They are working on stuff and among the stuff is the stuff you want. It's the reality of the matter. Yeah I know sucks ;) I do want some other things soooooooooo bad. :D
  16. starsauron

starsauron Member

Actually it would be good to be informed, what is the next thing on to do list.
    So people can discuss, what's more important for them.