Why dont forum members play competitively?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by joker, June 18, 2011.

1. tlbww

tlbww New Member

I remember wanting to play privates. It's the only way to have a good, relatively fair game. I didn't get enough people, or weren't fair games, or they would rather pub stomp.

I'm willing to give it a try, but I can't stand some of the attitudes. I'm just tired of joining pubs and having to carry to team when it's unbalanced against me or be on a team unbalance but for me. Neither case is fun since I like to play the game longer than 5 mins per round. That, I'm too many people are abusing spawn room airstrikes and assault powers...
  2. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

Noob! I went 48-0 and I reached over 9000.
    Why? Because not only I went for kills.
    I pushed bots and hit annihilator thrice.
  3. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

39! IT'S 39! You got the numbers mixed around, fool!

I was about $300 off. =[
  4. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

I can't commit time to playing video games.
    My connection is not very reliable either.
    Im not that good.

Pick one.
  5. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

There are other games are more balanced towards competitive play.

Like Super Mario Kart.

I guarantee you that you'll find at least one girl in a multiplayer match.

Play your cards right and cha-ching, you will bring a new mommy back to your home.

Amen.
  6. desertfalcon

desertfalcon Active Member

7. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

Shammas in particular has never been a **** in the private matches.

I mean, to be totally honest, other than Kckzi and Miracle, in game, all of those GP/Destiny/Head and Shoulders guys are chill. (To be fair, Miracle has gotten a lot more chill, as well. Haven't played a prv with Kckzi recently).

The problem isn't the information they give. I mean, there are small details that I think can be personalized (I'll take Bronze Health Recovery over Clip Size for assassin in competitives to the grave, thank you very much), but the basic concepts of what they say are pretty damn true.

Gunner should be getting the most kills.
    Support should be healing the gunner because everybody is shooting at the gunner. If all focus fire was on the assault, the support would be following him around instead.
    It is more useful to push up map control than to sit in your base and farm kills on people who are running up to far. They weren't nice about how they communicated this to JRaw and Xeno, but that doesn't make it untrue. Assassins should push bots. Not because they can't get kills; they can. But if your assassin is getting kills and the other team's assassin is pushing bots, you're going to lose.

Nobody's saying you HAVE to play these ways in public matches when you're not competing. Like Shammas said, you don't HAVE to play that way in privates, either. But there's a reason why the best players play their classes a certain way. Just like there's a reason why NFL players use the same patterns, footwork, etc for each of their positions. Because it works the best when playing to win a game.

If you are playing in a competitive game, and you're not helping your team, your team is going to tell you what you should be doing to help your team more. If your team is an ******* about it, quit. They're being assholes and deserve to have their game ruined.

If they aren't being rude about it, and you insist that they are wrong and you are right, and then insult them about it (see: Turntables), you are going to be made fun of and become the laughing stock of the MNC Competitive community.

If you really just can't see yourself playing to the competitive playstyle, but you've tried it out, and everybody is telling you you're doing it wrong, just be honest.

"Hey guys, look, I appreciate the help, but honestly, this way of play just isn't that fun for me. Sorry it didn't work out, but I'm gonna bow out so I don't ruin your games."

Bam. Nothing but respect for that.

---

That being said, I do need to say one thing coming from our end:

Team balance is awful. Miracle, Chron, and Shammas. You guys are just going to have to accept that if you ever want pickup privates to work, you all 3 can't be on the same team. It always ends up you 3 and Tom all on the same team. Nobody else in this game slays as well as you 4. The top 4 slayers in the game just need to be split up, plain and simple. I don't care if I lose every single private match I play in; the fact that it's challenging and not super stupid retard public match easy mode is good enough for me. But for people just getting into privates to people who just reaaaaaalllllly are competitive with it, it's just not going to work out.

Plus, I mean...do you play privates so that you can steamroll over people? That's what pubs are for. Play against each other and allow yourselves to be challenged a little bit again.
  8. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

I challenge you to a 1 v 1 race in Mario Kart Wii. 3 golds stars on every track, every cc and Mirror Mode.

Get at me.
  9. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Or maybe not all or any of them in the room at a time. For some reason there always seems to be only one Private Match room going at any given time.

I will admit I am not the greatest player and on top of that I don't know what to say and hear for as far as communication goes. Maybe if there were Privates that weren't straight to the gauntlet, and no this does not mean the "top players" sand bagging. Also taunting after every kill doesn't help keep players around even for how trivial it can be.

I guess what I am trying to say is most of all who play privates already have the "competitive" fundamentals down and good...and actually I just lost my train of thought (damn people yelling in my house)

10. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

lol, you have a wii.

@stretch:
    i have never seen enough people on/interested to fill up 2 lobbies at one time.
  11. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I got a Wii! Dude for platformers that's the place to be!!

I think it's partly due to most thinking Privates = Competitive.

Here's a short story:
    I used to play a games called Far Cry:Instincts. I had a clan that was 20+ members strong with me being the Co-Leader. In this game there was an option to play Ranked matches or Unranked matches. My clan did not play ranked matches but most of the playerbase claimed us to be the top ranked team for the game at the time. I think the reason being is because we hosted unranked private matches all day everyday.
  12. teapot

teapot Post Master General

same here, but we did manage to fill up 3 or so spots in a private the other day simply by saying miracle, chron, and shammas weren't playing. it seriously did change people's minds lol
  13. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

Exactly. But dudes, it's not because people don't want to play with you. It's that they don't want to play against all 3 of you at the same time, and they don't want to be insulted by you.
  14. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

So we're all in agreement here.

Chron 'n friends are kicked off MNC fo good.
  15. TehRussBus

TehRussBus New Member

A good game to play competitively is Pokemon. There's a website called Smogon that does its best to make sure every tier of battling is balanced as well as possible.

MNC just isn't that good competitively, as far as I can tell.
  16. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

PRIVATE MATCH PEOPLE ARE THUNDERCUNTS

THERE I SAID WHAT WE WERE ALL THINKING
  17. Mrsubguy

Mrsubguy New Member

Infernoape is OP
  18. TehRussBus

TehRussBus New Member

I'm not going to drabble in this too far since this IS an MNC forum, but just to change your opinion:

Infernape is very frail and will take at least 70% damage from neutral move. Any Super Effective move will generally OHKO it. It is very weak to water types, particularly Azumarill with Aqua Jet because he has priority and huge power as an ability.

Bulky waters also come into play, such as Miltoic and Swampert, Suicune is also an option. Dragonite and Salamence are fantastic at taking down Infernape, as they resist both of his STAB moves and can hit with an Outrage or SE Earthquake. However, Infernape sometimes carries Hidden Power Ice for the sole purpose of taking out these two dragons.

Additionally, paralysis in the form of thunder wave is incredibly useful, and renders Infernape nearly useless.

Cresselia also can tank all of its hits even with a Swords Dance or Nasty Plot. However, you should definitely carry Psychic to finish the job.

If anything is OP, its Excadrill.

Please don't ban me for the off topic post, just trying to set some things straight. ;)
  19. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

I disagree.

Magickarp is truly OP.

Observe.
  20. dadale1990

dadale1990 Member

Forum people don't play competitively because maybe because they don't trust other people's game play to be responsible for their reps and this might be because they don't know their teammates in real life or know them that well.