why did you get MNC?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by x gr1m x reap3r x, December 6, 2010.

1. x gr1m x reap3r x

x gr1m x reap3r x New Member

as in did you just try the trial or heard of it? the way i came to deciding on mine was a friend of mine had it and I was impressed so much he let me keep his profile for a little bit, lol i got his K/D from 0.6ish to 1.35
    EDIT: also got him all the achievements xD
    Last edited: December 6, 2010
  2. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

Some stuff looked overpowered in it, and I really wanted to bitch about it.

Or, it just looked cool. And awesome.
  3. Manouso

Manouso New Member

lol
    I saw it and thought: Man now this is a game whose community I could ruin.

But seriously, I saw a few things about it before it hit and it piqued my interest.
    Downloaded the trial the first day it was out and bought it a half hour later.
  4. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

Tried out the trial as I had been looking for a shooter to get into. Bought it a few days later.
  5. sxd24

sxd24 Member

Saw the ad on the Dashboard the day of release, and was not interested in the slightest. One of my friends bugged me that we should try it out, so I DLed the demo to try it out. I ended up liking it a lot, and he ended up buying Reach-around.
  6. Bezique

Bezique New Member

I saw the dashboard add - it reminded me of The Running Man.
  7. Shiny

Shiny New Member

Impulse buy for me, it reminded me of TF2 so i thought "Can't be bad".
  8. J Triple Dash

J Triple Dash New Member

a friend on the srk forums told me about it 2-3 months before its release and I became a instant fan. been playing since day 1 :p
  9. DeceptiveAlarm

DeceptiveAlarm New Member

I was searching for games with jetpacks (I really like jetpacks and havent had one since Tribes1 for pc) came across this game and reach. I hate halo so when this released I bought it first day.
  10. Blatant Troll

Blatant Troll New Member

I needed something to replace Halo and CoD. :lol:
  11. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

I think I saw the demo screen on XBL, liked the art style and gave the demo a whirl. Easy sale after about 15 minutes of playing. And multiplayer is NOT my thing. Basically it's the first multiplayer game I've really gotten into.

Not to mention it's a third person shooter, which I prefer on Xbox over FPSes.
  12. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

Well i was held captive in UBERs storage room for three months of the creation and beta process. Finally after the countless torture sessions with Scathis and Eka i was able to get free in the ventilation system. The cops didnt believe me, so i made it my mission to buy this game and reflect all the horror and pain back on their community!

However on a real note, my buddy was playing MNC all the time when i was jamming out MW2 and HALO:Reach. I had heard that MNC was fun previous but i was so jammed up with other games. Finally my friend came over and downloaded the game onto my box so we could coop for a little while. I grabbed my credit card almost immediately so i could get some MS points and purchase. I have loved it since, best couple bucks i spent in a long while
  13. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

I was playing League of Legends (PC) and MW2 & BC2 on the 360. I was tired of raging everytime I did less than perfect. Greg and Zander bugged me about this game for a while and then a few of my regular group of CoD friends got it too. Unfortunately, 90% of those COD friends went back to CoD because they could not adapt to the game play of MNC in a way that held their interest.

I was not one of those people. :p
  14. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

:eek:
  15. AARPS

AARPS New Member

^hahahahaha

I had been looking for an online game that wasn't cod or halo. I saw it on XBLA upcoming releases and was piqued by the title. DLed the demo first day and bought it 20 mins later.
  16. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

Saw it on the Winter of Arcade line up so I started following the progress. Burnout Paradise and Kingdom of Keflings was getting boring anyways.
  17. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

18. Organous

Organous Member

Ammo Mule commercial. Seriously, I wouldn't even have given this a second thought if not for that commercial. I was bored as hell and downloaded the video. From there, I started watching the other videos that were available. For about a month, my interest stayed just on the videos. Eventually I got the demo and took a hell of a chance in buying it. I figured it had enough good stuff to it that it'd be worth getting, and I usually avoid shooters. It all started with that one commercial.

Seriously, I'd love to see more commercials for the various endorsements, character profiles, and maybe even a little something on Meet the Meatsacks.
  19. MootPinks

MootPinks New Member

I'd never heard of it until my brother started talking about a turret defense/third person shooter hybrid with real players and bots. I purchased without even playing it based on his recommendation.

My first impressions were stupid name and horrible art style (sorry Uber) but the gameplay grabbed me.
  20. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

I watched an interview video on Gametrailers, and some one was playing as the Support.

That video alone made me buy it, and is the reason I started playing as the Support.

EDIT: Didn't bother with the demo either. Bought it without playing it.

Best money I have spent in a long time.

:D
    Last edited: December 7, 2010