Why are Titans restricted based on which advanced fabber builds them?

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by stuart98, August 22, 2015.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

This feels like a weird choice and one that's confusing to new players while working against how Experimentals have worked in TA and every single spring game preceding this (Even in ones where they were built from Gantries, any single fabber could build the gantry iirc).
  2. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Yeah I found it strange that T2 veh fabber cant build the Ares but T2 Bot fabbers can build the Atlas and also the T2 air fabbers can't build the Zeus
  3. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

That is so confusing. Bots build the Atlas, Air builds the Zeus, and Vehicle builds the Ares. Or did I miss something?
  4. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Either I am completly blind or you missed something but the last time I checked they werent there D:
  5. xankar

xankar Post Master General

-Land T2 builds the Ares (hover titan)
    -Bot T2 builds the Atlas (stomp titan)
    -Air T2 builds the Zeus (flying titan)
    >These three also all build the Ragnorak

-Orbital builds all 4 mobile titans (Helios, Ares, Atlas, and Zeus)
    >Does not build Ragnorak

nothing complicated about it, in fact it's very straightforward.
    Last edited: August 23, 2015
  6. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

In that case I AM completely blind :p
  7. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Well, except for Naval T2 being unable to build the Ares, despite Ares clearly being an amphibian unit.
    huangth likes this.
  8. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

The Ares is a hover tank, it builds in the same tree as the Drifter.
    xankar likes this.
  9. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

imo Drifter should be built in naval factories and the kaiju should be build-able in the t2 vehicle factory....
    stuart98 likes this.
  10. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

If the Drifter came out the naval factory then it wouldn't be able to be used in conjunction with lava, which is far more interesting IMO.
    igncom1 likes this.
  11. probodobodyne

probodobodyne Active Member

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...d-by-how-i-never-wondered-about-before.70011/

Shameless own thread promotion, but related.

As for the Titans, the only problem I see is that Naval Fabricators aren't an analogue to orbitals in that they can build the three combat-only titans; after all they are all amphibious in some way with the Atlas being taller than the seas' depth, with Ares hovering and with Zeus flying. Sort of makes up for not having a dedicated naval titan anyway.

Unlike advanced factories I do believe titans should be exclusive to their class' fabricators, and Orbital Fabricators can build the others to make up for how they are more vulnerable and slower to build.

I think they mean both, which is a bit unnecessary in my opinion. I like the idea of keeping all naval units stronger and more expensive than their counterparts in their other trees. Plus the Kaiju reminds me of the Assault Destroyer in Red Alert 3 and I like having to invest in naval technology to get it, after all it's the heaviest all-rounder land vehicle.