Why are players in this game such elitists

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Davy o, February 19, 2011.

1. Davy o

Davy o New Member

It just doesnt make sense that anyone in this cartoony game would be spamming Newb Newb or anything of the sort, I know that every game on the internet has people like this but in this particular gameit is just tooooo funny. talking all this trash acting like ur some god in this cartoon easy game
  2. Esham

Esham New Member

its the internet.

And i think its from a lot of backlash of people playing for 3 days with the guest pass then spewing out nerf assassin threads all over the place.
  3. zanarias

zanarias Member

Ok.
  4. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Because we can.
  5. FTP

FTP New Member

It's natural.

An online FPS is an online FPS is an online FPS
    Try some other genres as well.

It's always been like that
    It'll always be like that.
  6. nSmoothCritical

nSmoothCritical New Member

Where is competition, there is war. Where is ambition, there is hatred. Where is internet, there is anonymousity. Laws of nature mate, there's nothing we can do.
  7. Mail

Mail New Member

I don't care what your question is, there is only one answer.

Because people are dicks.
  8. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

actually, i hope this game grows as big as and as competitive as say league of legends
  9. nSmoothCritical

nSmoothCritical New Member

Huh.
    Last edited by a moderator: February 19, 2011
  10. Providence

Providence New Member

Is this your first online game ever?
  11. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

natural for any online team game

nobody likes to lose because their teammates are bad
  12. MarkyX

MarkyX New Member

Because the game is ridicilously simply to play yet people still manage to **** up?

Like the support that doesn't hack any turrets or his own firebase? Or the assassin that doesn't use lunge? Or the tank that only uses the railgun-wannabe instead of pushing lanes and turrets?

Or the fact that NO ONE builds a single turret at the start of the match?

If people are flaming you, it's because you're bad, nothing else.
  13. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

I got to go, so I will make this clear. I don't think i'm better than 20% of pc players, and 30% of xbox players. I think pc pubs give me a harder time than xbox pubs, but pc vets give me an easier time than xbox vets. I am not an elitist, just a humble player that has noticed a few trick moves with classes not considered as overpowered. Simply understand, overpowered means it works 80%+ of the time, meaning competitive teams are guranteed to have 2+ of it. If a team of 3 of it can't win, then it isn't overpowered. Gunner, tank, and support are all necesary to teams, and all can do things snipers and assassins can not.

Only nerfs needed are assault's moneyball damage 30% less on grenades and bombs, and fix the mortar at high angles. These strategies ARE overpowered, as they DO win 80% of games. Then the game would be absolutely perfect after these nerfs, in my opinion.
  14. Maktaka

Maktaka New Member

I'd say it's more often because no-one wants to admit THEY'RE the one who screwed up, so they blame their teammates, and if they shout enough maybe they won't be able to hear voice in the back of their head saying it was really their fault.
  15. FatCatAttack

FatCatAttack New Member

In the limited time I've been playing I've encountered more nasty people than all the time I've played Counter Strike and Unreal Tournament put together.

Dota players are suppose to be notorious buttholes. I suppose it's bleed over from that. My Theory being that creep murdering being a monotonous and repetitive task builds Office Space-esque postal rage.
  16. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

Because I don't want a sin sniper and assault who all have one kill and 20+ deaths on my team ever again. Thats like one headshot, one backstab, and one headcrab and then just run to enemies and die for the rest of the game? seriously wtf?
  17. Sigmars

Sigmars New Member

Elitist behaviour is human nature, if people can, they will act elitist. Where it gets funny it's when people forget its a game. There is of course no rule, but in real life, being elitist can be justified by achieving something. Here it's the oposite - the more hardcore and elitist you are with a game, the more you probably fail at real life. Well, not everyone, not always, but you get the idea. The truth is, playing computer games several hours a day is NOT constructive for life. Nothing matters to me as far as virtual distraction is concerned.

And its not specific to this game, its new on PC, so the "elitist core" stands out more, it will flatten with time.
  18. Snug

Snug New Member

Truth
  19. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

You shouldn't worry too much.

In online gaming, 'noob' usually just means 'guy who killed me lots'. It's also very elementary and consists of only one syllable, hence why it's so popular to use.
  20. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Although I've noticed that "scrub" is getting more and more popular, which is funny because everyone I've seen it using didn't know what it means. They think it's a fancy word for "noob" and say it to me after juice-chaining (which is the somewhat opposite of a scrub).