whould you buy dlc for pro udates

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by komanderkyle, August 12, 2010.

1. intelekt

intelekt New Member

LuNatic... anyone who does not have a credit card can go to gamestop and buy MS points there, or Wal-mart, or Best Buy... And people trying to hide it from their wives?? should be honest about what they spend money on... Otherwise you are stealing from your partner.. that wont lead you down a good road ever.

So those people.. whoever they are need to tell their wives they play games and it is a passion, and if 15 dollars is really that much of anissue, you should probably concentrate on the game of "YOUR LIFE" cause there is no reset button and being broke is never fun.

Get a better paying job, or a better education leading to that job. And contribute by purchasing games, be smart, read reviews, make good choices when buying and you will rarely be unsatisfied.

On that note, I will also say anyone with a $250+ Console should never complain about 15 Bucks, if you are that strapped for cash, sell the console and re-evaluate your priorities.

I never said if you disagree with me you arent a fan, you use "glenn beck speak", I said anyone not willing to pay up to $15 is a non regular player and casual, I said the real fans will be willing to pay this.. please dont mix my words I choose them very carefully.
  2. SaberJ

SaberJ New Member

I'd love to buy some DLC to support the devs further. The problem is that DLC that adds new game modes and maps tends to split the community. Suddenly your player base is divided into the haves and have-nots. That's what I hate about this generation's DLC. Halo 2 did it best. When DLC came out, it cost money. When the next DLC came out, the previous DLC was made free. Unfortunately, Microsoft must not allow that anymore, because I haven't seen anyone do it on the 360. Heck, prices aren't even permanently reduced, no matter how old the game/DLC is. Which is ridiculous, IMO.
  3. Black Dragon

Black Dragon New Member

I would gladly pay for some new maps and maybe some new bots and turrets but I think the characters are fine they don't need new equipment or pointless cosmetic items. The only downside is splitting the online community.

intelekt you seem like an intelligent individual and know what you are talking about but after reading this topic, this one statement made me shake my head.

Microsoft does charge DLC it's part of their online model, anything that is identified as new content and over 3 MB if my memory serves me correctly.

Reliable source that isn't wikipedia
  4. AssassinsGoneWild

AssassinsGoneWild New Member

True, good job proving a totally irrelivant fact. Oh, AND SPONGEBOB IS ON, YAY!!!

Reading bad information (**** YOU WIKIPEDIA) isn't the same thing as delibretly making up bogus facts and lying to win an argument.
    I've already explained multiple times that I don't have a problem with paying for DLC, which I already explained before, yet you persist on basically calling me stupid due to my age, I'm sick of it.

For **** sake, I play world of ripoffcraft, you know that game that is $15 a MONTH, $20 for the disk itself, and requires 2 $40 expansions to be up to date with the classes? I don't have a problem with MY finances (go leaching off parents), I have a problem with the community being divided and waiting ten minutes to get into the DLC maps, which WILL happen with paid DLC.

You're probably right in that giving away free DLC isn't the best answer for making money right now for UBER since it's such a small company and the economy is **** right now, but even with Steam, you gotta admit it's pretty impressive that Valve keeps updating their games for no additional cost.

Oh, and stop using the "I'm more experienced than you" argument, it serves no point and is about as useful as me using WOW to defend my credibility, not to mention we don't care that you work for a Dev company, or at least I don't.
  5. Captainremo

Captainremo New Member

Many of my friends and I all agree that a patch, or something similiar, with aesthetic updates for the playable characters, priced around 100 microsoft points would be a great way to add content to the game. Skins and armor modifications would be nice, everyone looking the same gets boring after awhile. One could even speculate that forcing players to unlock new armor/skins would increase interest in the game, considering people love "unlockables" on xbox.

I personally think that adding maps would split the community UNLESS, you had achievements that could be unlocked playing on those maps, or some other incentives of interest. Don't believe me? Go look at what happened to Lost Planet 2 when they released optional map packs.
  6. AssassinsGoneWild

WTB a not bald Tank, or at least give him a baseball cap or something...
  7. Tigerfox 360

Tigerfox 360 New Member

yeah The Behemoth wanted to release some new characters for the castle crashers game as free content, but microsoft made them charge like 180 M$points
  8. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

I didn't say the whole Valve situation was a bad thing, I was trying to show Gonewild how different they are from Uber and explain their history.

I can agree with you on the Halo thing, I refuse to pay for MP maps for that game, because of the lack of support for the Campaign. Every Halo 3 playlist requires DLC, except for 3 of them. Worst move ever.

This game, however, is different. We got MNC for $15, if you seriously don't wanna pay for DLC, then umm...don't. I doubt it'd split the community up that much, I mean we ALL want new maps, so what's $10-15 gonna hurt?

About Micro$oft forcing devs to charge for new content, how recent is that? Because both map packs for Rainbow Six Vegas were free.

@Gonewild...why do you pay for all that crap?
  9. AssassinsGoneWild

Waiting for Reach mainly, although I'm getting sick of WOW since I hit 80 and had to start grinding gear just to be able to stand a chance in pvp.

Hopefully the gear gap will be lessened in Cataclysm in addition to class balance though, it's a fairly good game over all IMO even if it is ridiculously priced with a monthly fee AND expansions.
  10. PrivateJohn

PrivateJohn New Member

That's the point most of the people are missing at the moment. They thought MNC userbase is as big as modern warfare or Halo but sadly that isn't the case. It's hard enough to play matchmaking for usual Arcade games....

You are taking things out of context. How about asking MNC to start charging you for any fix that will be coming for gameplay balancing, fixing glitch etc etc. Why should they continue to work for free since they already sold you the game? They should stop supporting MNC and move on to new game.

It's all about how you sell your product. You want more people to buy your game, thus growing the userbase or you want to milk your current userbase into buying DLC. That is of course a decision that Uber has to make. I for one would like them to continue supporting the game, growing the userbase so there are more players. It's kinda like social media marketing...facebook is free. PC gaming in the past has always been about free content support. (mappack used to be free)
  11. intelekt

intelekt New Member

The matter of the fact is that You are wrong, not only Rainbow six had Free DLC, but you can google FREE XBL DLC and there is a LIST of all the developers who have added FREE content to their games...

Castle crashers made the decision to charge 180 MS points... as stated on their own Forums by DEVS!!!! once again you are MAKING UP INFORMATION... sourcing wiki sites is just as bad!!

Fixing glitches and bugs can be done with a PATCH.. not DLC... as every game you buy a feww weeks after relesae forces youto connect to xbox live and update if you wish to play online... I did not claim to be more experienced, however your information is simply poor and incorrect..

The DLC for this game would be months away.. at that point anyone still playing will gladly want a change of maps and possible gametypes, whatever the developers decide... this will KEPP THE COMMUNITY ALIVE, not divide it.. The player base does not have to be that of MW2 or Halo, Look at Trials HD's digital download sales for their first DLC pack, and they are releasing another almost 2 years after the game was released!!!
    There simply is no example of DLC splitting a community in the terms you guys keep mentioning.
  12. ComedyFish

ComedyFish New Member

Most definetly. Just not too many gamemode's. It'll split the players and be hard to find a match.
  13. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

I would buy a DLC package to upgrade your spelling.
  14. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

I lol'd in real life Gentle.

I don't think some of you really understand what milking is.
    CoD, Final Fantasy, Dynasty Warriors, Sonic, Crash, Mario, and soon....very soon Halo, are the most milked franchises I've EVER seen.

I don't want a new Call of Duty every year, I didn't pay $60 for a one year game, the first Modern Warfare had a good 2 and a half years of life before the story needed to be continued, MW2 has a long time before the multiplayer dies down, which will be shortened by Black Ops. $60 for a one year game and +$10 for maps? That's milking.

$15 dollar game from a small company, $5-$15 dollars for maps? Not milking.
  15. AssassinsGoneWild

It's the internet, no one cares, I must ask if you wHould lower your grammar and spelling nazi settings by a few points.
    Last edited: August 14, 2010
  16. Screwbeck

Screwbeck New Member

Would I buy DLC for Pro updates?

Probably not. Maps, maybe.
  17. Zombinos20

Zombinos20 New Member

T_T, I was literally speechless from this stupidity, its 15 freaking dollars. If you don't have that then why are you even on live? Surely, you have other bills that require your money, obviously you must be paying 14 alimonies to think 15 dollars is a high price. Come on now.

Lets be reasonable people, if you don't want to pay a low low price for great content then the solution is beyond simple... don't. I've had halo 3 since launch and have never bought dlc, didn't like how the maps looked, I still had fun but it was my choice, don't go crying that the community will be split because I gurantee that players will purchase a map pack in droves. Those who don't can cry about it and play the default excellent maps. I took a look at the trailer for this game and bought the theme the next day, thats how it goes, you want something, pay for it and support it.

I fully support your endeavors UBER, you are a great company and I wish you tons of luck with MNC and future projects.

Zombinos20 (Ian)
  18. intelekt

intelekt New Member

I think many of these folks are supporting the Uber team and making a great point.

The others simply do not understand that beyond making great fun games that will have high replay value and tons of fun stuff in them, the other primary function of a studio is to MAKE MONEY...

If you do not generate revenue.. your company will fail.. So I disagree, MW, Halo, BFBC2 are all doing what is needed to survive in an increasingly oversaturated market...

They are not milking by developing new content, they are increasing the longevity of their game and responding to the fans call for more content.. those who do not purchase it still enjoy a healthy community with others who play casually.

I think people need to understand that if someone is willing to pay for it.. Someone is gonna sell it... In this case Uber hit a home run, and doesnt have to market DLC via gamestop or any other medium, and that is very commendable. :mrgreen:
  19. JoeyHeadrocker

JoeyHeadrocker New Member

You can put me in this column too. I gotta admit I would love to see some new Bot Types. Also some different themed arenas. Maybe even the ability to buy Alternate bot paths to the Moneyball
  20. DaRealCaboose

DaRealCaboose New Member

For the DLC issue, they need to go with a combination of free and paid, possibly the first map pack free, the next paid. If they go paid, they need to go no higher than 400 MP, that's about standard for XBLA DLC.

To those idiots saying that people should be willing to shell out 15 bucks for DLC. I have the money, I like the game, but I won't pay 15$ for maps. Why? Because they are not worth the value, you should never pay for DLC at a price equal to the game, it's ridiculous, anyone who disagrees needs to think about how they're spending their money. DLC should be a cheap, or free, means to equip bonus material.

Also, MS chooses wether or not a DLC is free or not, it's hardly UBERs. Sure they might be able to get one map pack out for free, but not anymore than that. Why do you think that Valve has to attach a price to their maps, and their updates (The big TF2 one coming). It's MS. Uber might be able to choose the price though.

Also, releasing free DLC is hardly going to affect the developers. They're still getting paid the same.

Side note: Go to Steam, look up TF2, Developer? Oh wait it's Valve, solely them. After searching for 5 minutes, on both TF2, and Pandemic wikis, sites, google, etc. You would think I would find a mention of that finding. But I didn't, stop talking out of your *** and site properly.