Where is the kickstarter key for Titans

Discussion in 'Support!' started by nickste88, August 18, 2015.

1. nickste88

nickste88 Member

Hi there i am searching around the forum but i cant find it on what i must do.
    I backed PA and played the first build you guys made. But i cant find my Titan key ?
    Also when i start pa on the game launcher it says that i can buy it on 66% off.
    Do i geth the key later ore ?

Just curious :)
  2. dudeinblack

dudeinblack New Member

no key here yet either, on facebook and reddit I got the reply that it should show up automatically and that an e-mail will be sent out, but nothing yet, restarted steam and my pc a couple of times now to no avail
  3. nickste88

nickste88 Member

Glad i am not the only one..... gues we are getting it later ?
  4. lerun

lerun Member

Same here, not seeing it in Steam.
  5. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

It looks like you bought the game while it was in Alpha. Those who pledged to the Kickstarter will receive a key and those who owned PA will be able to purchase TITANS at 66% off until October 18, 2015.
  6. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

It looks like you bought the game while it was in Alpha as well. Did you originally back the Kickstarter and then upgrade your pledge to get Alpha access?
  7. nickste88

nickste88 Member

Tnx for the reply but i am sure that i bought the game on kickstarter.
    Played the first build you guys made, on 7-4-2013

I also haf order id 9F1D75340A420520
  8. lerun

lerun Member

I know I'm a kickstarter as my name is in the credits ;)
  9. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

If you backed PA on Kickstarter you should have a free key to Titans in your Ubernet account (needed for PA before it was on Steam). Duno about if / when that will transfer over though...
  10. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

The Kickstarter ran in Aug - Sept of 2012. I can see that you purchased the "Galactic Edition" of the game while it was in Alpha, however this is not the same as a pledge to the Kickstarter.
  11. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Kind of :D
    You will see a "Kickstarter Gift" listed in My Keys, but there will be no actual game key listed. Instead, just load up the Launcher as you normally would and the game will update to TITANS. :)
    cdrkf likes this.
  12. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

I don't see the gift but my game updated to titans - I am assuming that paypal backers count too?
  13. cdrkf

Ah thanks, I wasn't sure on that one :) For the record, if it wasn't free for KS backers I would have paid for the expansion anyway, looks awesome. :)

Think it might be an idea for you or Jables to point out to people that PA Classic will still work (and hopefully still get fixes etc?) after Titans as I think there is some confusion on this.
  14. lerun

lerun Member

Would be nice to see that information someplace official. I just converted my key to steam, as I have not played the game in a long time. But maybe Titans is more in line with what I thought the game be like when I backed it back in the day :)
    cdrkf likes this.
  15. knub23

knub23 Active Member

What about the people who paid the exact same price on steam? Do they get a key? The reasoning back then was to not disappoint kickstarter backers and price PA with 83€ (90$). Do people who bought it back then on steam also get Titans?
  16. lerun

lerun Member

**** so I might have been too eager, as I understood it as I needed to convert my key to a Steam one
  17. cdrkf

You get the option to get it at a 66% discount until 18/10/2015. Remember that Kickstarter backers supported the game 6+ months before you guys did and we had no guarantee that it would be successful at that point (I'm really glad it was though). Supporting in steam early access never represented the same risk (you had a working game immediately) so I don't see it as the same thing.
    lokiCML likes this.
  18. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

Will it though? When I ran the launcher it doesn't appear that I can play classic anymore, unless I missed something. The Steam guys look like they will be able to run the classic client still.
    devoh likes this.
  19. hiver

hiver New Member

I 'was' in the kickstarter at the 90 dollar level and I have not gotten the free key either.
  20. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

If you backed using PayPal during the same time while the Kickstarter was running, it counted as a pledge to the Kickstarter, and you receive the game as well. :)
    cdrkf likes this.