When will the server get better

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by melhem19, November 19, 2014.

1. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

i just tried to play a ranked match...

i barely built 4 building the game started to lag.

i think it is not fair, for whom do not as a fast internet when it comes to PA multilayer and Ranked.
    Twinstar likes this.
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Well that's more so an issue with your Internet. :p
  3. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I haven't played a proper game of PA in months because of internet issues. I'm fortunate that my situation is expected to improve next month, but the issue has been with my connection, not Uber's servers.

Uber has optimised the data usage a lot since Alpha and continues to do so from what I understand. But there are lower limits. <300Kbps just isn't sufficient for most online games.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  4. squishypon3

I used to play PA fine with 300kb/s when I lived in Britain. :D
  5. cwarner7264

I don't play small games ;)
  6. squishypon3

I played large games in Alpha, in fact I'd say they were the largest games I've played in PA. :p
  7. cwarner7264

Well, let's put it this way - I ragequit from playing ladder games after I lost my first one due to losing control of my boom bots.

My opponent's commander had a slither of health left that a few booms would have taken care of if they had responded to the command I gave them.

As it happens, I died about a minute later when his tank force showed up. Was a good game but frustrating to lose to my internet. I'll start playing again when I rejoin the first world.
  8. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

control them booms!
  9. netnazgul

netnazgul New Member

Can't say on really large games, but I had issues even with 1v1's, having 7000-500 kbit/s down-up bandwidth.
    4ex that's what sim speed was for me in one of the games http://pastats.com/chart?gameId=231815 (check sim speed %)

All in all I don't think it's solely the problem with ISP but a complex problem, including lots of info spammed between clients which could and should be optimized