What you hate. What you love.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Taxman66, February 3, 2014.

1. Taxman66

Taxman66 Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm just opening up this thread for TA, Sup Com players to see what you love about PA (apart from the obvious stuff like planet smashing :p ) and what you don't like (or think is missing) about PA in relation to its predecessors. Just curious to see what you think.
  2. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Not a darn thing.
  3. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

needs more smashing like

HULK SMASH

that kinda ****
  4. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

No even moar than that!

I would eventually like to see a megabot of some kind, but not fully in the sense of SupCom experimental units who could obliterate entire armies, but more like a T3 unit. More like something with the strength of a commander that can still be spammed.
    blacksword13 likes this.
  5. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

NEEDS MOAR DAKKAAAAAA !!!!! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKAAA!!!!

@zweistein what you want is a brick or percival, sumo/can or maybe maverick
    Last edited: February 3, 2014
  6. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

love first and foremost : the new 'spin' on maps to the RTS genre then the 64bit, server-client, M-unit, the possible scale, the things to come which have got me hyped.

don't like the micro, the homing catapult and the GUI which you have to fight in game as well as the opponents. ...surely will be fixed.
    Last edited: February 3, 2014
  7. uncrustable

uncrustable New Member

I don't like missiles that can only shoot at ground and vice versa.
    TA projectiles were not governed by silly nonsensical rules.
    It was my favorite part of the game.
    Without it the game feels very generic.
    ace63, v4skunk84 and iron420 like this.
  8. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

I just broke my mouse. So right now I pretty much hate everything :(
  9. LeadfootSlim

LeadfootSlim Well-Known Member

I love ground.

I really don't like using air, at least not in equal proportion to ground. It makes the planets feel small.
  10. broadsideet

broadsideet Active Member

I like pretty much everything about the game except for how air works. Air is gamebreaking in my opinion.
    Pendaelose likes this.
  11. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

So far I do like Frozen planets, and I hate Lava and Metal planets.

And I do love bots. They're awesome. Also the Holkins.
  12. Taxman66

What I hate: little snitches like 'leadfootslim' who once you kill them in a 5ffa they'll spot for the enemy? like seriously, observers shouldn't get vision.
  13. Taxman66

Gandalf, never let leadfootslim in a tournament, he snitches and spots if he doesn't get his way.
  14. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

That's why we do 1v1 tournaments and with officials not random observers
  15. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

What I hate? Lava Planets..... They are just absolutely nothing like the concept pictures and they actually HAD the lava planets right in the August livestream last year and they dumped it for the lava ocean looking rubbish we have now that have absolutely zero sense of depth for the lava and lava pits..... The performance.... Impossible to have a crazy huge game going on 5 or 6 planets with say 5 players. Don't like the fact there is no shield bubbles, coming from Supcom I thought the shields absolutely MADE the base feel more like a base and gave you some important protection especially in early game. It just "felt" more like a base, they looked absolutely awesome as well, FA has the best looking shield bubbles, wasn't keen on Supcom2's graphics.

What I love? The sheer scale of the game... The planets.... I love how there is biomes and I'm preying that people will be skilled enough to mod the biomes to mix-match several biomes together and also add whole entire new biomes like Alien worlds. The units are great! The graphics are amazing I think I love the direction of the graphics, teleporters!!! hell yeah even though their more like stargates than teleports. The planet smashing is definitely one of the most advertizing elements of PA and the explosion that goes with them, just wish the shockwave would go all around the planet to give a better sense that everything on the entire planet just got annihilated. Area Patrol!! wow if only we had that a decade ago!
  16. Taxman66

Um, you do realise it's in beta. There are going to be a huge number of changes to biomes and lots of optimisation for graphics and cpu. Mavor said that they haven't even unlocked 10% of the sweet stuff to make the game faster. Just be patient. For now, play on scale <3 with 5 players max and 1 -2 planets with your drivers fully updated. I can get 60fps fine, you should too.
  17. sycspysycspy

sycspysycspy Active Member

I love deus ex, JC Denton while I don't quite like Jenson.
    Taxman66 likes this.
  18. Taxman66

Yay somebody noticed <3. Yeah Jensen ain't that cold, persceptive douche that is JC. :cool:
  19. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

I get 60 FPS for the most part, its late game I have issues with and when everyones armies have grown massive it starts pausing. Games doesn't even use more then 25% of my CPU right now and I think this is mostly coz its running on ubernet servers rather than our own machines right now. No worries my drivers are up to date, and I just bought a new PC for this game specificlly, and yes its beta, but its been in beta for a very long time already, they just released the box art, I dont think we're too far away from the release, everything is getting geared up and the performance is just not where it needs to be at the moment, just worried their going to release it in a few months, and the performance isn't going to be that much better than what it is right now. Game struggles with 6/7 planets, never lone the supposed 40 planets and the galactic play. Thats all I was getting with my comment about the performance. Yep can't wait for the biome changes.... gonna be sweet!!
  20. LeadfootSlim

LeadfootSlim Well-Known Member

When said "enemy" is a friend you've known for years, you're on Skype, he's a terrible player, and you have nothing better to do, yea. I'd be in favor of chat-muting observers, at the very least.

FFA is never going to be a competitive format (on matchmaking ladders, idk about sanctioned tournaments) as long as third-party VOIP is available, though. I definitely agree there.

Edit: I suppose I should formally apologize as well.