What we do not wish to see

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by SaintJ, August 19, 2010.

1. SaintJ

SaintJ New Member

Don't get me wrong, I love this game. Play it all the time (Feel free to add me BDSaint13713).

Please do not add a Team Deathmatch mode with the current set up. This game is unique BECAUSE it is specifically a Tower Defense type set up. This is SO refreshing in the gaming world between Halo, COD, MoH, RDR, Transformers (etc.), and I appreciate the fact that you took the time you did to make it.

Here's another problem, I think you as developers will want to add a TDM. The money you would get from this would be a lot. More people would most likely buy this game because of this new mode. Why not add it if you are going to get money for it?
    Understandable especially with the position you are in, but I would encourage you not to do so. I do not have a solid arguement against this as I myself would like more money. I can only appeal to your emotions saying that you have established a fan base through not adding TDM and if you added TDM the potential to establish an Elitist base will grow immensely.

But if you fall to the temptation (as I'm sure all of us would have that potential), please make sure that the "Positions" (classes) in that mode are balanced differently in TDM then the other modes. This way people can play almost separate games. The coding would be tough (I don't even know how to code but can vaguely imagine the hassle and you said "EF this saint guy and his idea) but at least you will respect the fan base you've developed and have almost two different games.

This is my game until Halo: Reach, and even then I'll be splitting my time between the two. I am excited to see what your next step is and the game has been out for one week.

If you wish for the developers to NOT add a TDM, or at least make an effort to have a different class balance for TDM, please sign here with specification. I never do these types of signing threads, but this way Uber will understand the desires of their fan base.
  2. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

I disagree. I think, while I would play a TDM sparingly, the addition to multiple gametypes would only increase the player base and give us, the fans, more content for MNC or even a full retail MNC II.
  3. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

I agree completely. As much as I would hate and never play a TDM, not only will it do what Sm1tty said, but it will also rid crossfire of all the people who play it as a TDM instead of what it is. This alone makes me give my vote to a TDM game type.
  4. The Reaver

The Reaver New Member

TDM is a definite no for me, but if the developers manage to create another innovative and fun competitive game type, I'd be more than happy to play it.
  5. Shammas

Shammas New Member

TDM would be so bad with the current set up. You realize you could get 1 kill and then retreat everyone back into spawn and wait it out?
    I'd love to see CTF if anything. Flag carrier can't use abilities or shoot, and just spawn and cap the flag where the moneyball is. The only problem is that bots would have no place other than the class-specific ones, whose job would just be to kill turrets and players. CTF is the most balanced and competitive gametype in most games and would add a lot to this one in my opinion.
  6. The Reaver

The Reaver New Member

I feel like the bots and turrets should always have an important role in gametypes. You could say that, for a CTF mode, you'd have to push the bots to capture the flag, but that seems rather lame.
  7. SushiBomb

SushiBomb New Member

In a MNC CTF, you could make it so only the bots could carry the money ball, thus keeping the balance and current mechanics.
  8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I do not wish to see added classes, weapons, perks, and skills.

Also no removal of the tower defense aspect from any current or future game variant.

That is all :D
  9. AZRabbit

AZRabbit New Member

While I agree a TDM would be a bad idea, a variant of the attack/defend style of the rush games from the Battlefield Bad Company series could work well.
  10. SaintJ

SaintJ New Member

Topic derailment.
    I guess people aren't as passionate to keep this game different from every generic game out there. If you think TDM is good, why do you even play this game verses the many others out there?
  11. jjcpockets

jjcpockets New Member

You sound like one of those hipster kids that jumps ship on anything they determine to be too "mainstream" (and then acting with a smug sense of superiority about how they liked it before it was cool). If you don't like team death match then just don't play it, including it as an option might cut back on the number of players that just act like Crossfire is team death match and make it a little more fun (but with fewer easy kills).
  12. xTHE MEAT

xTHE MEAT New Member

This, the reason why this game is so great is because of the two variations of gameplay in the same game. TDM is generic BS and this game does not need it.