What type of tournaments are you looking for? Part 3

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Clans, Team, and Tournamen' started by XShadowStormX, November 4, 2010.

?

Do tournaments need to include prizes?

1. 1. Yes they do!

33 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. 2. Nope, bragging rights are good for me.

33 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

This is an important factor to consider.
  2. DeadEye

DeadEye New Member

I chose Yes, but IMO the prizes could be anything from small amounts of cash or MS points, a trophy, or even a special title for your name on the forums. Anything to entice people into playing.
  3. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

What kinds of prizes would be in store if there were any?

Too bad there isn't a neutral option. I'd just participate for the fun of it.

Prizes are a wonderful incentive, but bragging rights could also be perceived as a prize. I guess it just depends on who one is.
  4. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Well, obviously prizes are preferred over no prizes. Something cheap and simple like T-Shirts and MNC download codes would be fine, but I would participate if there were no prizes at all.
  5. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Best prize ever:
    A T-Shirt with "I won a MNC tourney and all I got was this crappy T-Shirt." Excellence.
  6. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Or like, "I won the MNC tournament, but I lost The Game!"

Haha~ ;D
  7. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

Best idea ever.
  8. DeadEye

DeadEye New Member

Ummm. Please no. It should be something usable or that someone wants, and I'm pretty sure no respectable person would wear a shirt like that. I won a BUNGIE shirt from a H1 tournament back in 03, still had the tag on it when I gave it to Salvation Army.
  9. Shammas

Shammas New Member

You don't need a prize, but it's always a plus. It would attract more players probably.
  10. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Like most have said prizes would be preferred but not needed.

I think something like a signed shirt would be awesome.
  11. AARPS

AARPS New Member

Agreed.
  12. Organous

Organous Member

Prizes are only necessary if you have to pay to play. However, the potential of getting a practical prize like MS points will get more people involved.
  13. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

Well you have spiked my next question...if there was pay to play tournaments of say....$5 dollars...but the prizes were big MS point packages or next games....maybe even a Kinect or something...would that draw people to a tournament?
  14. southsidesox24

southsidesox24 New Member

Only if we aren't directly paying the money to your personal paypal account before the game ;)

I would be in favor of this more so if there was an effective way to police the games w/ either an impartial spectator or the 360 had a built in cap-card. As it stands, I think some free entry stuff would be more preferable to me to start, and depending on how those go, I would consider joining a pay to play type tournie. However, based on a lot of the regular forum goers, I don't think they want to play that competitively.
  15. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Yeah, what he said.
    :D
  16. Shammas

Shammas New Member

A pay to enter tourney is probably out of the question. Most teams won't pay unless they think they'll get something out of it.
  17. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

I'd have to agree with this. Our community is pretty small, which means that the number of good players who also want to participate in a tournament is small as well. To be honest, there are probably only going to be two or three teams that will actually have a shot at winning.
  18. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

When you say the community is pretty small we had over 200 people that signed up and played in the last tournament and many more that wanted to.
  19. Shammas

Shammas New Member

But would they have payed though? I would, but many of the lesser skilled teams wouldn't.
  20. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

+
    = Epic