What type of player are you?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Sephisticated, January 10, 2011.

1. Sephisticated

Sephisticated New Member

Objective?
    Main slayer?
    Support slayer?
    Support?

Those 4 roles make up any good competitive team, which are you?

I am definitely a main slayer :D
  2. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

Not sure how well the halo terms transfer over to MNC. But I'd go with Support slayer.
  3. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

Support slayer as well.
  4. The Teominator

The Teominator New Member

All of them. I almost always go for the objective unless we're screwing around. I kill lots of people. I like to help my teamates if they need it. I can gladly take the risk of dying rushing right into a battle to help any friends/Over average pub player as long they survive.(Syd, gimme some backup here! ;) I sacrificed myself for you on GIII by blocking that gunner so you could jumplift away.)
  5. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

I don't take any chances with random matchmaking and go for the objective. I'll trust my team mates to do the killing if not diversions.
  6. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

But you also take great joy in hunting down your friends mercilessly if they're on the other team, so being a martyr doesn't rectify that.

I will agree that having you on the team pretty much fills all those roles, though, haha.
  7. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

and doesnt main slayer translate into: "i would rather play team deathmatch, whether i won or lost"?
  8. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

I'm just a boring old "support". :D
  9. krunkthuzad

krunkthuzad New Member

I like TDM. When 9/10ths of the matches I play end up in overtime with both sides of the map juice rushing each other, there is no sense in not slaying dudes for 20 minutes.

Besides, more kills makes my ting ting happy.
  10. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

if you see how quickly he kills enemies, from one to the other without a pause, youd realise he probably does do objective while killing.

his objective is to make sure there isnt a living enemy to compete on the field, so his team has to ONLY deal with bots and the start moneyball turrets.

i played with him a few times. his assault class kills every pro in the middle and rightside of the map, my assault kills turrets and barracades the right side, our support builds a bot-wave a hundred strong to walk into their base.

even against good enemies, i can take over more area myself to do the trick. his style works usually is the point, wether it makes sense on paper or not. show me a pic or vid of him with a mess of kills on a losing team.
  11. krunkthuzad

krunkthuzad New Member

Save your breath man. No matter how beneficial killing loads of players and shuting down entire teams is, it will always be viewed as kill farming or slaying or WHAT ABOUT THE BOTS ABLOO BLOO BLOO.

Some people need to kill other pros, its that simple. As a tank or sin, i can control both bot lanes by myself on some maps so tell me, what are those other five people doing? Whatever they want, because that's the joy of video games, you pay the money, you do whateva, whateva you want.
  12. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

will you be my friend
  13. krunkthuzad

krunkthuzad New Member

We can frolic and play and gingerly press the tips of our guns together.
  14. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

This made me laugh more than I would expect it to.
  15. sxd24

sxd24 Member

QFT. This gets my vote for best post on the forums.

As for the topic at hand, I vary between main slayer and objective. Really depends on what my team is calling for throughtout specific points of the match. For instance, I'll normally end up with the most kills on my team towards the end of the match (unless I'm partied up with some amazing people), but I'll also be the one on the Jackbots every five minutes when they spawn. You just can't win games without doing both, and to be perfectly honest, I don't like losing. ;)
  16. The Dude 421

The Dude 421 New Member

All of this
  17. Miracle

Miracle New Member

Every player should do what their class excells at
    Assault- slay/moneyball killing
    Assassin- Bots/turrets while juiced
    Tank- slay/bots/turrets
    Gunner- slay/turrets
    Support- Heal/Bots
    Sniper- slay/bots
  18. sxd24

sxd24 Member

I spy a ninja edit, and would call you out on it... if it weren't true.
  19. vI Snack Iv

vI Snack Iv New Member

I guess I'm support. To go off on a whim, it really irritates me that people don't give a main slayer ANY credit. A main slayer is always important in any shooter.
  20. Miracle

Miracle New Member

Ive never seen people look down on "main slayers" untill this community.