What protag do you use and why?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Wandrian Wvlf, November 5, 2010.

1. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

Yeah.

ROOKIE: Clear Exhibition Blitz.

I use it now because I want to keep myself grounded in reality...somehow.
  2. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

I switch mine around a bit. I do put "Rookie" on quite often, although my favorites have to be "Snipah" and "Fore!".

EDIT: Forgot to add why. "Snipah" is obvious, and "Fore" because I love the sniper's grapple.
    Last edited: November 5, 2010
  3. Injun97

Injun97 New Member

Drop the Boom, because "Boom Headshots!" looked like the "Boom Headshot" tag, And it's the only tag that isn't overused.
  4. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

Crack of the Bat: 100 gunner grapple kills

Because it's my goal to get the 500 gunner grapple kills badge.
  5. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

6. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Gain from Pain. Why? Because I do.
  7. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

I use Stabby: 500 Assassination Kills.

It amuses me, but I also have a history of using people with swords (in fighting games that have characters that use swords, barring Brawl) and exclaiming "Stabbity stab stab!"

So...it has a bit of history, haha.
  8. Vinticus

Vinticus New Member

My newest one, Split Hairs (1000 shuriken kills). You rarely see it and it's the only shuriken one that isn't ridiculously lame.
  9. sxd24

sxd24 Member

Recently, I've been running with the "Call It In" protag (1000 Air Strike Kills) because Air Strikes are the last Support protags I need to complete. When I'm not sporting that, "Keep Your Ammo Cool" (2500 Shotgun Kills) and "Grand Prize" (1000 Jackbot Kills) are the other ones you'll see me with.
  10. Malex McBlat

Malex McBlat New Member

Force of Habit - 75 Ejector kills. Have not seen many people what that tag, and I am amused by the pun.

Miracle - 250 Annihilator uses. I love the Annihilator. I'm that guy that announces to everyone when it is about 30 seconds from being ready. I am fairly certain I have grabbed it over 1000 times at this point. I feel that rocking the protag may encourage others to do the same (which is dumb, cause then I don't end up getting it as much.)
  11. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

I avoid using 'Keep Your Bacon Hot' because it seems ironically enough the most sought after. Reminds me of the Recon/Hayabusa helmet in Halo, rare, but once everyone starts using it, it's not rare, and you look like a mindless sheep for using it.

I personally tend to stick to [​IMG]. Usually get MVP when playing pubs on my own. In my mind Support is the MVP. Heals turrets, hacks turrets, heals pros, firebase destroys bots, and he has a devastating shotgun ;)
    Then again, I'm like 100% biased :lol:
    When in a group I usually change it to Rain of Pain so it doesn't seem like I'm full of myself by using MVP.
  12. An Artic Fox

An Artic Fox New Member

I started running with the Shotgun Mega XL tag. im workign on getting "keep your ammo cool" tag then I'll use that.
  13. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

Heavy Metal. working on filling up my gunner. mortars are gonna suck to get, but i guess when i juice rush i will start using them.
  14. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

Right now: Boot to the Head (125 headshots) Why? It's silly and applies to more than just headshots. SMG Sniper Grapple is a literal boot to the head.

I also usually use "Better Things to do" (die while skill picking) because if I need a skill right now, I will get it, even if I'm being shot.
  15. Patch

Patch New Member

All Time Great. It was the last Highlight I needed, and I haven't unlocked any Protags since.

Unfortunately, most of the fifth tier tags are lame. I'd love to see "Owning Mahowny" and "Snap into a Slim Bot!" as the 100k Black Jack and Slim kill tags, but they will probably be uninspired disappointments like "Hard Hand" and "Slim Chance."
  16. southsidesox24

southsidesox24 New Member

Pacifist. Because deep down, I don't really want to hurt anyone. It's why I spend my games jetpacking around and not shooting.
  17. DeadEye

DeadEye New Member

Rookie.. Because it's funny for people to see that every time I kill them while I'm getting 50 kills in a game.
  18. Himicane

Himicane New Member

I gotta admit I have never thought of this, it would be very funny to spawn camp with a pacifist tag. Oh the irony.

Sidenote: Patch's motto made me laugh out loud.
  19. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

Elite Hax, everyone says im hacking after i pull a good game and have that title on ;)
  20. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

Shave Ice tags. Speed Kills and One Step Behind.

I don't see a lot of people wearing it and I want them to know I built the sniper a shave ice and saved them from the Assassin. Also because the tags are pretty fitting to me.