What playlist(s) helps you continue grinding those MNC stats?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by notgunked, January 28, 2014.

1. notgunked

notgunked Active Member

Been playing the game since release (roughly 4 years) and 3 of those years was spent drowning out the game volume with actual music. Without my music to be able to play over this game i would have dropped it a long time ago.

So i was wondering what playlist kept you guys going?
  2. davidbowie2les

davidbowie2les New Member

GC2MT is my best friend
    notgunkedcontrol likes this.
  3. notgunked

notgunked Active Member

i find your avatar slightly disturbing
  4. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

Scratchy mad cause we dismissed his vertical/horizontal gunner starts.

Just got the kingdom hearts ost for my birthday so that. I don't like listening to anything with lyrics though while i'm playing.
  5. frank fotaine

frank fotaine Member

I park my truck through my house and crank Bob fm up really loud
  6. notgunked

notgunked Active Member

duh **** is Bob FM?
    Ive never listened to the kingdom hearts soundtrack before... might listen to a song or two.
  7. notgunkedcontrol

Mostly disney remixes. And the main theme simple and clean would be to simple and clean for you and the planitb remix of simple and clean might be to funkadelic for you. Dearly beloved (main menu theme) is one of my favorite tracks.
    Last edited: January 28, 2014
  8. notgunked

notgunked Active Member

I just listened to the main menu theme and i like the piano however it feels too slow for playing any type of shooter. I would add it to my instrumental playlist on youtube though. Defiantly something id listen to while doing homework.

By the way to any of the hiphop lovers ive been working on a playlist for a few weeks and i think i almost perfected it so i might post it tomorrow afternoon or after some more gaming sessions so i can down vote those random songs that dont correlate well with the playlist. Probably the best set of songs ive done since my Strokes playlist
  9. notgunkedcontrol

Dearly Beloved goes well with sitting in mid G3 throwing instant strikes. Nice and relaxing.
  10. frank fotaine

frank fotaine Member

Dearly beloved is really good. On a serious note though. I listen to the soundtrack for Shadow of the Colossus a lot. Also listen to Zelda soundtracks a lot.
  11. frank fotaine

frank fotaine Member

As far as music with lyrics go. I listen to a lot of paramore/rise against/ led zeppelin/asian kungfu generation/l'arc'en'ciel
  12. notgunked

notgunked Active Member

im gonna be real and say that i dont listen to any video game soundtracks at all. I personally dont like to think about video games all day long or have them playing back to me in class. I would much rather be thinking of poetic rhymes that i can connect with instead of something like sonic green hill zone even though it is catchy.
  13. frank fotaine

frank fotaine Member

Dude, you ever listen to Shadow of the Colossus music? It's pretty intense. It's something that I can actually think about. It's all about the feels and what you can imagine from sounds. I personally myself dont care whatsoever about technical music, although I don't really hate any genre other than country(new country, not old country).
  14. notgunked

notgunked Active Member

my bro went to a paramore concert recently and he showed me a clip he recorded and i wasnt completely mesmerized by them. However i dont mind listening to rise against or led zeppelin. duh **** is l'arc'en'ciel
  15. notgunked

notgunked Active Member

I already am of fan of music that generates emotion. That is Nujabes. He is my favorite artist, second only to Sublime and since i use a skateboard and longboard frequently i find myself in moments where im just cruising around reflecting on my entire life through just one of his songs.
  16. notgunked

notgunked Active Member

i can literally play games, do homework, and casually listen to Nujabes any time of day. It feels like his music puts you into a state of self evaluation which is something i enjoy a lot.
  17. notgunkedcontrol

I just like music. Helps me relax or get pumped. Any song that can actually affect your emotions is something that I enjoy regardless of genre. But for my favorite albums to listen to I would say my top 5 is...
    1. The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
    2. The Velvet Underground and Nico
    3. The Man Who Sold the World
    4. Aeroplane Over the Sea
    5. Low
    And on a final note KH2 version of dearly beloved > KH1 version.

18. leov1993

leov1993 Post Master General

19. leadlpmaster

leadlpmaster Active Member

20. notgunkedcontrol