What kind of content will we see here?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by thetrophysystem, January 8, 2013.

1. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Will we see the thing the second you start working on it, or maybe after a day or two when you are sure it will function with work? Will we see distant balance ideas the devs have in mind? Will we get to see extensive unit artwork for nearly every unit?

These are just questions, will probably be a lot here.
  2. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

Based on SMNC alpha, my guess is they're not going to show things the moment they start them, but they are going to show rough iterations of what they're working on to get a general impression.

I doubt they'll consult about anything more than vague balance till they release a build. Artwork is likely.
  3. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Honestly this is a bit of an experiment. I've wanted to release some shots of in-progress type stuff but I don't want it out on news sites etc. So doing this kind of stuff inside this forum is something we'll try.
  4. AraxisHT

AraxisHT Active Member

I'm a guinea pig for screenshots?
  5. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

its just a matter of time until someone of the backers will post it in the web xD (probably)
  6. zachb

zachb Member

Well I assume there is some kind of Alpha Beta NDA in place.

Really I'd expect to see beta game play discussion about balance and what not.

Launch alpha -> 10 minutes pass -> thread about T1 sub spam.

...tasteful male nudity.
    Last edited: January 16, 2013
  7. chrishaldor

chrishaldor Member

So you reel us in with some none-critical-not-too-alpha-looking things, then when it doesn't end up all over the internet we get hooked up with the good stuff? =D
  8. turpiini

turpiini Member

I really, really hope none of us screw this up by leaking classified data all over the web, but taking human nature into account, it is more than likely to happen :(
    *fingers crossed
  9. mrknowie

mrknowie Member

So this is where we might find the tech talk, proofs of concept (proof of concepts? proofs of concepts? whatever...), working models and all the other fun development minutia?

In that case, I should pre-order some replacement F5 keys, because I'm going to wear this one out.
  10. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

Actually, I don't recall signing an NDA yet. Great to see this forum though, looking forward to looking at half-built things :)
  11. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

We have no intention of collecting 49,000 NDAs, but.. if stuff leaks, it means we're that much less likely to release much "preview" content. It's more of a mutual trust pact. :)
  12. nightnord

nightnord New Member

I bet for 1 day before all your information will be all other the internet as soon as you'll release anything more juicy than tech info/screenshots.

Do you really think that among 49k bakers there are no game magazine writers? Or some ragequit backer who expected Sims RTS? Really, it's quite naive =).
  13. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

That's why Neutrino said it was an experiment. No naivety going on here. We'll see what happens when we're ready for it.
  14. lordantag

lordantag Member

Let`s put this way: We entrusted our money so you can make an awesome game. Now you entrust us with privileged information and expect us to do what we are asked and not leak it.

More than fair if you ask me.
  15. Satch3L

Satch3L Member

I agree, but people can be unpredictable! :/
  16. gabooo

gabooo Member

Ah, as much as I'd like it to be possible, among 49k backers, I doubt stuff will stay inside the forum very long. But let's be positive for now, let's experiment! :)
  17. rorschachphoenix

rorschachphoenix Active Member

@Neutrino: Could we see the screenshots from the livestream please? I really want to take a second look on that. :)
  18. masterzh

masterzh New Member

19. Ti1t

Ti1t Member

Any journalist that backed this project (and there is undoubtedly allot of them) will look at this forum and note that they didn't have to sign an NDA, then proceed to write articles based on exclusive content that's being uploaded here.

That having been said, unless they have been following the game intently from the start like we have, they probably wont even know half this stuff exists.

I think calling it an experiment is about as accurate as you can get in all honesty. I'm sure that 99.99% of people that visit this forum wont leek a thing. The problem is it only takes one person to spoil it for the rest of us.

Anyway enough with being negative... it's my birthday :D 28 years into my existence :)
  20. mortiferusrosa

mortiferusrosa Member

Happy Birthday!

Well, I am sure we will tar and feather the fool who ruins it for the rest of us.