What is the point of this game? It already exists.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by xterminator27, September 27, 2013.

1. xterminator27

xterminator27 New Member

It is called Supreme Commander. Also there is a superior version of this game in the StarCraft 2 Arcade (which is a Supreme commander remake).

Seriously. I played the beta for the first time, expecting new mechanics, a new game, new ideas, new gameplay and what do I get? The same resource/bank/air/land/everything. Saying this is a "ripoff" of supreme commander is an understatement.

This game barley holds up as a mod for Supreme Commander. I can't believe I actually paid money for this beta. I have played this game 100 times already before.

But seriously, the sc2 custom map is much better than this entire game. The music is great, the visuals are good, the gameplay? Shallow, unimaginative, and simply done a thousand times. I pray to god that this entire game gets a huge makeover before release.

Also for some "constructive criticism" the lack of mouse binding is an obvious issue that I am sure people are aware. But the planet camera controls are atrocious. I mean does anyone actually use middle mouse click? who on earth binds that button to ANYTHING? It should never be pressed, it is a god damn wheel, not a button.
  2. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I don't think you realise that most of the UberEnt people made Supreme Commander.
  3. krakanu

krakanu Well-Known Member

I think you missed the part where you're playing on a spherical planet with the ability to travel to other planets. Also, its the START of BETA. Things are still very much bare bones.
  4. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I like the part when you expect the VERY first Beta build of a game that started serious development just over a year ago(which is just crazy) to be finished.

No wait, I didn't like it because it's totally unrealistic and frankly ignorant of many of the basics of Game Design.

The point is that PA is a game in teh same Sub Genre that TA started and SupCom Continuted, but to say that PA is the same of SupCom is just.....wrong.

Mike
    slappdaddy, xanoxis, moiderah and 3 others like this.
  5. krakanu

krakanu Well-Known Member

I wish we could go back in time so that you could see how far along supreme commander (or almost any other game for that matter) would have been at this stage.
  6. Tormidal

Tormidal Active Member

I smell someone who played part of a game and got his *** handed to him on a silver platter.
  7. xterminator27

xterminator27 New Member

What does that matter? If I wanted to play Supreme Commander, I would play Supreme Commander. This game is the exact same thing in a slightly different package. I was expecting an evolution, not a copy-paste.
  8. RainbowDashPwny

RainbowDashPwny Active Member

I use middle mouse constantly in the many games I play. It is a useful and convenient button, especially for controlling a camera in an RTS.
    slappdaddy, vortexriker and Tris375 like this.
  9. xterminator27

xterminator27 New Member

That is dependant on your mouse. On a lot of mice, the middle click is unusable.
  10. b4ux1t3

b4ux1t3 New Member

There are people who don't use the middle mouse button? Why would anyone want to do that? The middle mouse button adds (at least) another button to pretty much any present-day mouse. Many games even let you bind things to scroll up/down or the horizontal scroll features. (Plus, you can use your arrow keys to control the camera. Which I often do.)

As far as the gameplay, you're saying a flat, essentially 2D map is preferable to multiple spherical ones? And you expect them to develop some kind of revolutionary new resource system on top of adding in the orbital mechanics and various back-end technologies that they have implemented?

This is Beta Day One. Get over it.​
    slappdaddy likes this.
  11. KNight

So you mean to tell me SupCom had Planet Smashing, a full Orbital Layer and Interplanetary combat that takes place over a series of spheres?!?!?!?!?!?

Man what was I playing and modding for 5 years then cause SupCom had none of that!

Mike
  12. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

So by your logic games like torchlight II shouldnt exist becasue diablo exists and a game like minecraft shouldnt exist because infiniminer already exists.
    I am a huge fan of both TA and SupCom and I do not see how you can call his game a clone. This is its own game and Uber have put in MANY mechanics which do not exist in SupCom, such as what Knight mentioned in the above post.
  13. plink

plink Active Member

Hilarious how the very first game to feature spherical RTS base building & combat doesn't count as being evolutionary. Let alone the fact that you can destroy an entire planet or even galaxy for that matter. Name me one other RTS where you can literally wipe the playing field from a game...
  14. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

GreedCorp. But that one is hexagonal turn based.

As for OP: Not sure if trolling or just stupid. This game may have the same core (commander and streaming economy), but it's very different.
    skintkingle and carn1x like this.
  15. xterminator27

xterminator27 New Member

Commander, economy, buildings, units, entire structure, entire game play.

The difference? They added a few extra moves. WOW really worth making an entire new game over. How about we take this time to make the NEXT evolution of Supreme Commander, not a ******* 60$ DLC set.
  16. KNight

Shouldn't you be playing TA and NOT SupCom? By your logic they shouldn't have made SupCom because TA already existed.

At this point you should really just leave, you' arguments are too weak to actually convince anyone and we've become very good at dealing with these types of threads as a community.

You're done here, if you're nice about asking you might even be able to get a refund from Uber.

To everyone else, we're Done here, nothing more needs to be said, everything has been exposed, we can leave this guy alone now, we have beta testing to do.

Mike
  17. xterminator27

xterminator27 New Member

Nah, you are done here. You have already accepted to brown nose your way to mediocrity, and thus your input is not worth the energy it takes you to type it. You have no input, you are happy with a lame Supreme Commander ripoff.

These beta forums are here to improve the game, people like you do everything they can to ensure shittiness, thus you need to leave for the better of the game.
    Last edited: September 28, 2013
  18. BulletMagnet

OP proved wrong.
    Resorts to ad hom.

Truest form of the keyboard warrior.
  19. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

Yeah let's stop feeding the troll, there's no conversation to be had here.
  20. BulletMagnet

But you and I can have a conversation, right? ;p
    carn1x likes this.