What is the best full damage skills for the gunner?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by marceloxlr, July 11, 2011.

1. marceloxlr

marceloxlr New Member

Gold aim,Silver rate of fire and bronze magazine size?
    Gold critical shot, silver aim and bronze rate of fire?
    Gold aim,Silver rate of fire and bronze critical shot?

I need some help here D:
  2. Fangeye

Fangeye New Member

I personally roll Gold Crit, Silver Rate of Fire, and Bronze Accuracy but whether or not this produces the ideal DPS or is even a decent build I am not certain, I just know it is fun XD.

One thing to be aware of is rolling a full DPS set of endorsements means giving up Armor and this makes you a glass cannon. If you are being healed by a support it is not too much of an issue but just be aware you are very fragile for a gunner, which has the largest hitbox in the game.

Nothing quite like catching a sniper with a gold crit triple mortar =P.
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

First I will correct you by saying "skill" are his Red, Blue, Yellow, and Grey "upgrades." Each class, called Pros within MNC, has their own unique set. The Grey skill is always that Pro's passive skills.

Gunner's skills are as follows:
    Red Skill: Grapple
    Blue Skill: Slam
    Yellow Skill: Deploy

With each class you get to customize you loadout, once you unlock and buy custom class slots. In MNC the loadouts are called "Endorsements."

Now onto your question. :p

I personally like to go with Gold Armor, Silver Rate of Fire, and Bronze Clip Size. Ideally it really comes down to your personal style of play. Experimentation is key.

Good luck and I hope I helped a little bit.
  4. marceloxlr

marceloxlr New Member

^IDK why but you sound like an *** talking that LOL(Not saying you are).

But yeah, Gunner without armor is really fragile, but it's really fun to gun down someone with gold aim + silver rate of fire (The golden aim helps A LOT).

Im going to do some Experimentation here XP.
  5. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Yeah I get that a lot. I guess I should figure out a way to reword my thoughts so they don't sound so dickish. :D
  6. noyesknifer

noyesknifer Member

I roll with:
    Gold Crits
    Silver Armor
    Bronze Acc

The accuracy is not necessary past bronze because there's a lot of damage fall off
  7. Ninja Midget

Ninja Midget New Member

Personally I like this setup.
    Gold RoF - Mortar spam fun, not sure if it effects the minigun at all.
    Silver Crits - Surprisingly good burst damage when you get them.
    Bronze Accuracy - As the post above says, the drop off on the minigun accuracy is ugly without any accuracy.

I have considered armour in there, but my playstyle is all about the DPS with the Gunner. Kill before I get killed.
  8. Vlane

Vlane New Member

RoF
    Armor
    Crits

No accuracy because that messes up my aim.
  9. Goose

Goose Active Member

I think its because that post can be spoken in a dickish way or a very constructive way. Just depends on the reader.
  10. Memorable

Memorable New Member

I run RoF/Accuracy/Armor

Works quite well with me.
  11. roadkillgrill

roadkillgrill Active Member

Used to like Rof/Armor/Clip but now I'm more likening Rof/Speed/Armor the additional mobility off the bat helps allot
  12. marceloxlr

marceloxlr New Member

Does The RoF helps the gunner firing faster with the minigun? Or is it just useless to use with him?

Anyway, IDK if i should use Aim/RoF/crits, Armor/Aim/RoF, Aim/speed/RoF OR Aim/RoF/armor D:

Opinions?
  13. sunnydove

sunnydove Member

Gold RoF and silver RoF minigun empties the clip in the same amount of time but the gold RoF minigun will spit out an extra bullet occasionally (so you actually fire more bullets than the silver RoF minigun). Does gold RoF affect the minigun? Yes. Does it make an enormous impact? Eh, not really. I'd recommend something else in the gold slot if you're heavy on the minigun (if you love mortaring constantly like I do at times, gold RoF is excellent :D). I've also found that if you play at a very high frame rate (no vsync), gold RoF minigun does seem to do a bit more DPS than someone using the same minigun playing at 60 FPS.

Anyway, I'd recommend Accuracy/Armor/Rate for heavy minigun play. I find it works really well for outgunning other gunners at medium range.
  14. Vlane

Vlane New Member

If you want accuray in your build you have to be able to actually use it. I for example can't aim for sh*t with an accuracy endorsement.
  15. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

This is pretty much the most common as without armor, the gunner is a big fat slow low health target.

a.k.a. Assault abuse.

Your best bet is to get used to keeping those double mini guns are full speed at almost all times and keep jumping to help with the slowed down movement.

Once those guns are fully rev'ed, everything will become nothing. Find a safe place to reload if possible.
  16. Memorable

Memorable New Member

Wow, really? That's awfully odd. :eek:
  17. sunnydove

sunnydove Member

That's how most games are. The higher the frame rate you can achieve, the better fast-firing weapons become. I'm not a Counter Strike player, but I'm told it's a great example of this.
  18. marceloxlr

marceloxlr New Member

Well, rate of fire doesn't affect the minigun enough to be useful.

Currently trying Gold armor/ silver aim/ Bronze reload, but i really liked Gold armor/ silver speed/ Bronze aim too XD.

Gonna try gold armor/ silver reload/ bronze aim later.
  19. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

rof is awesome if you use mortars, and all gunners should be considering they are the only class that can take down turrets quickly and from any range
  20. Ninja Midget

Ninja Midget New Member

Also with gold RoF on Mortars a Support cant out heal your damage to their 3.3 Rock it. Also its great to see a team buy new rock its and you destroy them before they even notice.