What is normal CPU usage?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Dedicated Server Discussion' started by sac0o01, February 10, 2011.

1. sac0o01

sac0o01 New Member

Since the day I finally managed to get a dedicated server up and running it has been full, all 12 slots filled. When I check the Task Manager it is using about 25-30% CPU on that single application.

Is this normal? Would be kind of hard to rent servers out. You could only run 3 or maybe 4. Maybe there are some tweaks to decrease cpu?
  2. faits

faits New Member

I get about 20% cpu usage at most, when there is a lot going on and a bunch of bots out etc. I know guys with better CPUs than mine have seen about 10% usage.
  3. racquemis

racquemis New Member

last update increased cpu usage by 19% of the previous usage. had to limit the cpu cycles to reduce cpu usage to acceptable levels. (host only tolerates 100% spikes not 24/7)
    best thing is limiting the cycles did not have any impact on the servers i run. so it seems the server can run with far less cycles it currently does.

cpu usage isnt a measure of much it actually needs, its what the process is using.
    if you have a single instance running at 25%, that doesnt mean you can only run 4 instances. try it with 6 you won't notice difference in performance.
  4. Jimbo

Jimbo New Member

[​IMG]

12 slots
    Mid: 3 %
    Average: 4/5 %
    Max: 5/6 %

System:
    Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.3 Ghz
    Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz
    Video: GTS 450

Status Server:
    Full all 12 slots 24/7

Command:
    Code:
    @start mncds.exe server HostileLobby?game=HostileGame.HGameInfo_PreGameLobby?bAllowJuicePurch=True?bAllowBotPurch=True?bAllowHazards=True?bAllowMascot=True?bAllowCustomClass=True?bAllowChangeClass=True?bForceRndClass=False?bIsLanMatch=False?bIsDedicated=True?bAllowTeamSelect=True?bAutoBalance=True?MatchDuration=2?OTDuration=2?ClassLimitAssault=6?ClassLimitTank=5?ClassLimitSupport=4?ClassLimitAssassin=3?ClassLimitGunner=2?ClassLimitSniper=1?MaxStarRating=3?MinNumToStart=1?ServerDescription="[RO] SERVER #1 - ENJOY >(-_-)<" -ServerInstance=0 -log=DedicatedServer.log -STEAM_DEDSERVER -seekfreeloadingserver -nohomedir