What is Insomnia Legion and why PA needs it

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by robomoo, January 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recoil345

recoil345 Active Member

We very nearly lost our PA accounts because of your threats, and now we are doing exactly what you want. I thought that Robo had given you all the stuff you are asking for. If not, he will when he gets around to it. If you are in a hurry, we publicly declare here that our mod belongs to you with any licensing you want, and you can do whatever you want to it. You can delete our names and put your name on it, or do whatever else you like. But we are not robots with no life who can go on random sites like github and update every single change that we make. We will do it once every 6 months perhaps, merely to avoid getting our PA accounts banned by you. We are not professional coders and we don't like sites like github that merely add to our workload with no benefit to us. If you want to do this work yourself, go right ahead, you have our permission.
  2. recoil345

recoil345 Active Member

I'll make you a deal though, if you want.

We will take on the extra workload of updating every single change we make on github, as soon as we make it, in exchange for you ceasing to reserve in-game event announcements for your friends' events, and welcoming all community events instead, including ours.
  3. recoil345

recoil345 Active Member

For the record, I believe your posts are BS, and I resent having to swallow down your insults to avoid having my custom server and my PA account banned. But if swallowing down mikey's insults is a prerequisite to having a custom PA server and an active PA account, then I will do it.
  4. tunsel11

tunsel11 Post Master General

[​IMG]
  5. recoil345

recoil345 Active Member

The latest build of our mod: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1deWVsmTXV2L6ogskoobF0Ay99ezrGA6l/

IT BELONGS TO MIKEYH.
    Signed,

The Entire CULT TEAM

Let us know what else you need to cease the insults and leave us in peace. If you want money, we'll give you money. We just want you to get off our backs and stop breathing down our necks.
    Last edited: January 16, 2018
  6. recoil345

recoil345 Active Member

For all the Gitaxians who will download the mod and try to find faults in it: IT IS AN EXTREMELY EARLY VERSION THAT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE 15% OF THE CHANGES WE ARE PLANNING FOR IT.
  7. recoil345

recoil345 Active Member

And once more for the record, CULT suspects that the reason mikey wants us to add all this legal mumbo-jumbo to our mod is so he can appropriate it, copyright it, and then prevent us from working on our own mod.

If you think we are being paranoid, you don't know the half of what he's done to us. But we are putting our suspicions here for the record, in case they become true in the future.
  8. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

I waited an hour to see how much BS you would post in your own little echo chamber of stupidity.

You really don't know when to just shut up and walk away.

Those are the kind of BS comments that got you in trouble last year and the escalating multiple posts is why I called you furious rabid dogs:
    I suggest you figure out how to manage releases by committing every change to GitHub just like the Legion Expansion team had to learn and none of them were professional coders.

CC-BY licensing allows anyone to distribute, remix, tweak, and build upon work, even commercially, as long as they and you credit the original authors. The required attribution is credit to the Legion Expansion team as the original authors.

Your mod will never be published if you cannot manage commits and releases to an open source public GitHub repository with MIT and CC-BY licensing.

Think before you reply again.
    stuart98 likes this.
  9. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Stop being a child. Mikey is helping you by getting you to abide by the open source licensing requirements as part of forking a project under the MIT license. That means you must include the MIT license / CC BY. If you do not include them, under law you cannot distribute your 'insomnia version'. If you distribute your project without the license, bad things can, and may happen.

Do not modify the license or create your own custom license as you have done
    Copy and paste the MIT license exactly and without edit.

Note specifically the following clause,
    Quitch and stuart98 like this.
  10. recoil345

recoil345 Active Member

Our mod is already published because we just published it. Look up the word in the dictionary.

We do not want to reply to you at all, if it can be avoided. No one in our clan wants to have any contact with you at all if it can be avoided.

You have our code. You can put it up on any site you want. Have fun.

If you require anything else from us on threat of banning our custom server and/or PA accounts, let me know.

Sure. If you are in a hurry, though, you can do it yourself right now. Scroll up for the files.
  11. recoil345

recoil345 Active Member

I just checked, and the license included with our mod above is exactly the same as the MIT license: https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT

Not sure what elodea is talking about, as usual.

But in any case, if we have made a mistake, let us know here, and we will correct it in the next update.
  12. recoil345

recoil345 Active Member

I added the CBYCC thingie mikey wants in the build linked above. Hopefully your concerns have been addressed and you can leave us in peace now.
  13. recoil345

recoil345 Active Member

What got us in trouble was you squatting on Uber's game, and now you continue to insult us by calling us dogs and expecting us to swallow down the insult or face having our custom server and/or PA accounts banned.

Get a life, you squatter.
  14. recoil345

recoil345 Active Member

mikey banned our server again. This is the end of Insomnia events and modding.

We have contacted Uber staff and Jon Mavor. We will come back if they unban our server and rein in this squatter.

If that never happens, thanks for all the good times everyone! It's been a fun six months.
    Last edited: January 16, 2018
  15. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

stuart98 likes this.
  16. recoil345

recoil345 Active Member

oh buddy how I would love that to be true...

But all custom servers are up except ours, so it is plain that the squatter has struck again, this time his final blow. He can now have the dead event scene and dead forum he so passionately desires, so he can lord it over them uncontested.
  17. osmelliso

osmelliso New Member

I'm not going to pretend to know the ins and outs of every conversation which has taken place and what has led up to this but I feel as if this situation could have been handled a lot better.

Insomnia Legion have been rebooting weekly clan wars following quite a lot of inactivity from Exodus and other competitive play sites as well as promoting competitively play in the community. Rather than looking to fight cosmic war and their mod which they believe and are passionate about, you could instead understand rather than trying to shut down a group of people who are positively affecting the competitive player base as well have a lot of fun doing it. You could work with them, understand what they are trying to do and help them positively impact the player base. Throwing down roadblocks even legally obliged ones, it won't go a long way to help them resolve those. I for one love to see the number of events they are pushing out and I don't understand why mikey is not actively trying to help resolve this and carry on events which push players to stay active and form clans.

I would hope in your position in running this game and I can only assume you want the best for a majority online based game is to increase the player base. I'm trying to keep any bias I have out of this, I think it is clearly recoil is incredibly passionate about the game as I'm sure you are, rather than creating this dynamic of mutually assured destruction, I believe it would be time for both sides of this argument to swallow their pride and decide to promote communities and help them grow.
  18. recoil345

recoil345 Active Member

We gave him everything he wanted in terms of the license, and he still took our server down because we wouldn't swallow down him calling us "dogs".

This is the man Uber has entrusted their game to...
  19. Killerkiwijuice

Killerkiwijuice Post Master General

As long as we're credited, I don't have an issue. I put hundreds of hours into some of these models/textures.
    elodea likes this.
  20. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Just like furious rabid dogs you are exceptionally aggressive and attack everything. That's not passion, that's drama magnet stupidity.

We had a tentative agreement in September 2017 where robomoo was going to commit all changes to an open source public GitHub repository forked from Legion Expansion with MIT and CC-BY licensing that included attribution crediting the Legion Expansion team.

Those changes were supposed to be initially committed on 27th September 2017.

Based on continually committing changes with releases and branches using the same approach as the Legion Expansion team an automated build for your mod would have been setup that packages, optimises, submits to community mods then updates the unit database:
    • release from master branch
    • master
    • balance
    https://palobby.com/legion-expansion/

That automated build would have automatically published master and balance as hidden mods which are only visible to testers.

You were offered the same automated setup that the Legion Expansion team uses in exchange for open sourcing all of your mods with the correct CC-BY and MIT licenses including appropriate attribution crediting the Legion Expansion team as the original authors for their work.

ie just doing what you should have always done like any other responsible and respectful project team that is remixing other peoples licensed work.

All you had to do is follow through on the agreement without all the BS.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.