What I think makes Gunner unbalanced

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by qwepir, April 29, 2011.

1. qwepir

qwepir New Member

I'm not exactly saying that the Gunner is overpowered, but there is definitely a bit of a balance issue with everyone's favorite Hawaiian. I know he's supposed to be an anti-pro class to the Tank's anti-bot role, but he does that role a little too well.

The problem I have with the Gunner is his versatility. His jump jets allow him to get to some spots that other classes cannot, and he goes rather fast for his large health pool. Even though the game says not to let Gunners point their miniguns at you, they're fast enough and have enough health to chase you down and finish you off if they can get the jump on you. And god help you if they have a pocket Support or are packing Total Recoil. I've made a custom Gunner class just for giggles with Gold ROF, Silver Accuracy, and Bronze Speed, and ended up playing my best game in regards to K/D and money earned. I didn't even need to upgrade skills other than the Gunner passive to do well. I'm fine with the Gunner chewing through people at close range, but when he can lock down the enemy team from across AmmoMule arena, then I think there's a problem.
  2. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

Gunners have less health than a Tank, less mobility, and his skills suck. And don't bring in a Support to the argument. If two players can beat one (Gunner+Support Vs. You) then that is perfectly fine, because, well, it is two players.
  3. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

Are you sure you're not talking about the Xbox version? You got Gunners and Tanks jumping off the wall like hyper fat kids in their version. :lol:
  4. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Gunners and Tanks can get to the same spots on the 360 as on the PC. It's just that they don't have to wait for their jump jets to recharge.

Only thing that is stupid with gunner is their slow, which laughs falloff in the face.
    Everything else is fine.
  5. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

fix'd.
    How long is the pc's cool down?
  6. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Like 3 seconds or somethin' (or 2.5) like that from 0% to 100%
  7. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

Dunno about that. I've always found Tank's railgun, and obviously snipers to dominate when it comes to the long range battles. I can understand how devastating it can be if the opponent doesn't know how to properly counter you, but otherwise, no biggie.
  8. Goose

Goose Active Member

Gunners have counters. Its that simple. Assaults, Snipers, and Tanks can all pester Gunners from across the map in complete safety from just about all the Gunners tools. Supports can easily get the jump on Gunners if the attack is well planned and a Support up close>a Gunner up close assuming you can surprise him. Not only that but getting places with Gunner is difficult and time consuming whereas Tanks, Assassins, and Assaults can get places much faster.
  9. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

the gunner's strengths can wreck lower level players and make him seem overpowered

the gunner's weaknesses can be badly exploited by better players, making him seem underpowered
  10. [Knovocaine]

[Knovocaine] New Member

I feel like mortar spam is the reason good gunners can dominate... a gunner can push a lane and kill the base turret within 45 seconds of a game starting. With gold RoF it is nearly impossible to keep a turret or firebase alive against a gunner
  11. killien

killien Active Member

Actually they have the same base health, the Tanks passive skill tacks on more
  12. Goose

Goose Active Member

Not as a Support :( An Assault, Sin, and Sniper can stop it.
  13. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

sure, if nobody on the other team goes to that lane for some reason..
  14. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

Meh.
  15. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

don't forget how much juice the mortar gives and no on seems to realize it
  16. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

Oh yeah, somebody forgot to mention, you can damage a Gunner who is near your spawn and respawn and keep attacking him before he fully reheals, unless he has Health Recharge endorsements.
  17. eternal

eternal New Member

Gunner is unbalanced because he has no Knees. You try seeing how well you can balance without legs.
  18. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

his legs bend though at where the knees would be o_O
  19. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

One little thing that does worry me about Gunner is how he is still able to keep the moneyball down all the way from spawn by using his mortar if you find the perfect perfect angle to aim at. I've only seen this happen on Ammo Mule, but I'm guessing it's possible on other the maps too, save for Steel Peel.
  20. Vlane

Vlane New Member