What do you want to see soonish, or anytime soon? Feedback for Devs.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by xanoxis, September 28, 2013.

1. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

I would like to hear stuff people just feel thats missing or bothers them for now. Food for thought for our great devs!

For me its that for now we mostly cant see those cool efects like atomic explosion or planet impact, because game extremelly lags when that happens or something is buggy and game does not show that.

Also, something to do, when I and enemy are on different planets, and there are only 2, and none is smashable! There is nothing we can do and its stalemate. Something like interplanetary nukes, or something epic, or unit cannon and engines that help move planet closer.

Also, better Ion Cannon accuracy, I had it, but it did not killed anything :< That made me sad.

Also, metal planets as death planets! That would solve my last stalemate with 2 planets only. I mean, how can anything be more cool than death laser that DESTROYS entire planet? Stuff for new trailer :p

Also, UI that helps with interplanetary economy and commanding units. Its really hard now to coordinate fight and eco on both planets. We needs something like shortcuts for saving spots you see, like shift+ctrl+1 or any number, and when you click shift+1 camera goes there (like in Gnomoria, great game, not about smashing planets). We also need warnings in UI for stuff happening on different planets. And much more shortcuts, for EVERYTHING :D

Yep, this, and maybe even more later :)
  2. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

1. better performance
    2. better UI (all basic and some advanced functions e.g. infinite loop, waypoint movable, better readability of selected units/icons, more info about idle facs& engineers, more selection options (with the images in the bottom left), better readability of metal spots (even with ctrl N), etc.)
    3. better performance
    4. better UI
  3. DatonKallandor

DatonKallandor New Member

All of these are true. Especially UI. Factory UI in particular - where's the customizable infinite-queues. Those are a must have for a TA style game.
  4. Methlodis

Methlodis Active Member

All this is already on the table and has been said by devs. UI is only on its second pass and will keep changing till release. My only advice is to get your ideas out there (post your ideas and wnhat they're game mechanics will be) and get suppprters who will echo your thoughts in the forums.
    As for performance, just keep posting bottlenecks and crashes on the PA bugtracker.
  5. sigmaul

sigmaul New Member

Right now, I just want better performance. The UI needs to always be responsive and crisp feeling. It kind of worries me because SupCom had the same problem of a laggy interface, but there was a little mod you could put in that fixed it. Hope this game doesn't end up the same way. The game would be really fun if I could control it properly. Next is probably pathfinding. Other than that, just a lot of UI tweeks, such as maybe a grid system or something on the planets so you don't get lost so easily, the old moveable waypoints from SupCom, stuff like that.

For the OP, you can save a camera position with shift+0-9, and recall it with alt+0-9. It doesn't really work though when other planets are involved atm.
    Last edited: September 28, 2013
    xanoxis likes this.
  6. NortySpock

NortySpock Member

100% agreed on this, the UI should never be even the slightest hindrance.

Wait, that was fixable? Where is this mod? I feel like the slight UI lag of SupCom was a silent but crippling blow to the game and just made it less fun. You had to wait that infinitesimal fraction of a second to be sure that your command was actually implemented.
  7. mosar

mosar New Member

The worst thing is that every 1 can control everything. I have no ide who is build what and who is afk after like 2 min. So pls only give control to your own units. The next thing is the building box thing in the lower screen. Get it to be a big square in the left corner like in TA and spring, mutch easier to see what to build :)
  8. duffles22

duffles22 New Member

Once being able to change a planets orbit comes into play I will be pretty content with the game. It will make travel times a lot shorter and will make way for transports like the unit cannon and anything else uber comes up with which will eliminate most of the stalemate problems that were seeing right now.

So, I wanna see changing planets orbits!

EDIT: Or just some more ways of transportation would be nice :D
    Last edited: September 28, 2013
  9. thundercleez

thundercleez Member

Would be nice to see that halley engines ignite after you launch a planet with them. I also hope they will add saved games and replays.
  10. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

I would like to see metal planets become TA-like planets, with unlimited mass.
  11. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Ironically we improved perf in the beta version by an order of magnitude or more... we also added more than an order of magnitude more "things" for the system to handle so it seems about the same. ;)
  12. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

I dont think that will ever happen.

From the begining the metal planets has been market'ed as a ancient battle station you can reactivate, not TA metal maps.

However, it has also been said that you will be able to harvest them instead of reactivating them, but i doubt that will work as TA metal maps.
  13. BallsonFire

BallsonFire Active Member

I would like to see multiple monitor/split screen support soon. Correctly managing multiple planets at the same time seems almost impossible and is no fun to me at this moment. Playing on multiple planets only seems worth while when playing in team games. Or maybe a mini map containing all controlled planets could also do wonders if implemented the right way.
  14. Ringworm

Ringworm Active Member

I want to see the "finished" game.
  15. kryovow

that is of course cool, but its still most important imo to improve performance. you know, people nowadays expect from beta to be it a free demo of the game for limited time. they are spoiled by betas of games like battlefield or such...^^
  16. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I wonder if an alternate take on metal worlds would work - build anywhere, but due to the toughness of the "surface", production is actually vastly reduced (This could be in addition to the pre-existing points).

Alternatively, the "build anywhere with tiny returns" from TA could just be brought back for all worlds.

On thing I'd like to see:
    - Smoother zoom out to system view. It can be hard to trigger currently.
    carn1x likes this.
  17. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Is it even possible? When I zoom out with the mouse wheel usually the only thing that happens is that the planet rotates like crazy.

I don't even see the connection of planet rotation to zooming out. o_O
  18. kryovow

if your cursor is on top of the planet surface, you will zoom out. if your cursor is "in space", you will rotate the planet :D
  19. tripper

tripper Active Member

Make sure the mouse pointer is in the center of the planet and it will zoom out properly.

Edit: Kryo beat me to it :(
  20. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Why in all the devils name would it do that? What sort of purpose would that even serve? Seriously? :eek: