What do you think?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by zehusky, September 8, 2012.

1. zehusky

zehusky New Member

So what do you think SG5 Will be I don't think and they prob don't have an idea yet but I think you guys might have some good ideas?
  2. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

A new faction (with different units). People have been asking for it, so it makes sense for Uber to consider it as SG5. Yes, it'll cost money; but that's why it's a stretch goal. If the pledgers can prove that a new bunch of units is worth that much, they'll pay for it.
  3. thedeserttiger

thedeserttiger New Member

i think same units but different look
  4. ledarsi

ledarsi Post Master General

I really hope it is not a second faction. One faction means twice as many units to build a composition from. With a lot of interestingly diverse unit choice available to every player, everyone comes up with their own play style.
  5. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

A new faction might actually decrease my interest in the game. I'm actually excited for the one faction idea. If they do it right with so many units, then you will have vastly different styles of play, and there won't be any limits on which thing you go for (unlike games with factions, that are limited to their own style). This isn't Starcraft where you go by the same exact build depending on the faction every single game.
  6. sal0x2328

sal0x2328 Member

7. comham

comham Active Member

I think that's plausible. In the latest video there was a little bit of fanservice where they showed 4 pieces of concept art up on a screen, one of them being the progenitor commander, the others possibly being alternative commander models? Or just regular attack bots. No idea really.

Then again, if the idea for "one faction" is that at least there's loads of different units to pick from, then doing loads of different units (blocky) and also the spiky and rounded versions of those, that's a lot of work for the art guys and animators. So perhaps not.
  8. Spooky

Spooky Member

Actually, all the different polls we had showed an overwhelming majority voting for just a single set of units (with more variety). I hope they stick to that.
  9. agmarstrick

agmarstrick Member

Stretch goal 5 is a buy out proposal to EA (joking). or possibly something involving lasers.
  10. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I, too, hope that a new faction isn't SG5. I was one of the people that voted for more units, less factions.

In any case; the thread is about what you think SG5 will be. It's not "what do you want it to be".
  11. thefirstfish

thefirstfish New Member

Hope they stick with 1 faction. Unless that is they could come up with a really good second faction, not just more robots but a faction that plays differently but remains balanced (obvious comparison Starcraft 2). That would need to be done very well/carefully though.

I'm not sure what stretch goal 5 could be. Not sure it matters as I doubt they'd hit it anyway. I'd be most happy with a promise to just add more units / factory types and to spend a bit more time balancing.
  12. thorneel

thorneel Member

Yes, there's another thread for that.
    I do hope that it's not another faction, though. 2 is the worst, most boring number of factions that you can get. Not that I expect SG5 to be that.

I'd guess, maybe star gameplay?