What do YOU LIKE MOST about Titans?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by wpmarshall, August 23, 2015.

1. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

If I had a penny for every negative comment I have seen, read or heard about in the past week regarding PA and Titans, I would be a rich man with no need to work for the remainder of my life.

So, having tossed the sad fact of my lack of finances aside....... *cries*

Let's talk about what we like most about Titans! Let's group our favourite parts of the expansion into one thread - talk about your experiences in game, what you thought when you saw the trailer or just anything positive about Titans!

I personally think Uber have done a sterling job at revitalising PA from a few months' work. I still have yet to use the majority of the titans in game, but I played a game today (2v2v2v2 - non bounty) and popped up my first ragnarok on an abandoned planet that the other teams were still fighting over - needless to say it felt guuuuuud :3

Other than that - I think the balance is great and interesting, the maps and new terrain makes planets feel unique rather than flat expanses with the odd bit of "you can't path here sorry".

But yeah - let's conglomerate some positivity!

(strictly no negativity permitted - I will be watching)
    radongog, ace63, cptconundrum and 5 others like this.
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I'm impressed by the new effects personally.

Also the texture detail is great.
    ace63 and wpmarshall like this.
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Oh the new server modding API

Hover tanks volley firing spawn unit on death asdjfklajsdfkl;jaskl;dfj,;asjdfkl;jasdkl;fjl;asdfjasdfasd

THANK YOU UBER
    ace63 and tracert like this.
  4. tracert

tracert Member

I like the new maps and terrain, and the Helios. It's scary when that thing shows up on a planet you're on :).
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Wreckages and permanent scorchmarks
    ace63, xanoxis, elodea and 3 others like this.
  6. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

AI's that can use all the new units, and can actually and fully invade enemy worlds.
    PhoneySpring646 likes this.
  7. sevmek

sevmek Active Member

It fixed the very annoying bug I had on Linux which prevented me to play as much as i wish. This is priceless :) (selection box stuck). It has a full translation to french.
    tatsujb likes this.
  8. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

I simply love all the polish everywhere! Finally all those small bugs fixed that we've been complaining about for months; maybe even a year or longer. Looking at you orbital launcher animations!
    billthebluebot likes this.
  9. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Hover destroyers. Makes me feel like a cybran again <3 (but with more hover and fewer legs).
    MrTBSC and Elate like this.
  10. Elate

Elate Active Member

His voice always got me.
    cola_colin likes this.
  11. Greendolph

Greendolph Active Member

Helios + Manhattan snipes are glorious. You have to make sure that your Manhattans aren't just by the tele but *pointing at it* though or they take a long time to get through :p
  12. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Those are OP honestly. Besides the fact that Manhattans one shot commanders, a base can easily be destroyed by a single Helios + a few Manhattans no matter how many umbrellas are around.

Another reason to have shields, but meh...
  13. stuart98

No, another reason to balance manhattans and helios so that they aren't stupid when they do this sillyness.
  14. felipec

felipec Active Member

The new units and new terrain features =D
  15. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

volley firing?
  16. stuart98

In artillery_unit_launcher_tool_weapon.json

"carpet_wait_for_full_ammo": true,

This means that if you have a unit using the ammo system (eg the bomber or the dox cannon), adding this line will make it not fire once the ammo is depleted until the ammo is full again.

This is something that the modding community has been waiting a year for and I cannot overstate how excited I am that we have this.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  17. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

EHR MA GHERD.
    ace63 and stuart98 like this.
  18. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

ufff ... tough question ... ... i mean there is A LOT to like about titans though i haven't thorughly testet every unit ..

but realy titans feels totaly like fanservice it brings a ton of fun stuff to the game that isn't totaly neccesary but simply cool to have ... and i simply love how you can go crazy with a lot of it ... ...

nanobots ... ... the REAL zergrush ...
  19. Greendolph

Greendolph Active Member

Manhattans 1 shot coms? ..but they are nukes..Why would an 8k metal nuke do more damage than a 50k metal nuke? Especially one that is harder to block? D:
  20. stuart98

That's an oversight. @jables @mkrater @tvinita Manhattans are missing an armor damage map in ammo file.
  21. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

i really like the titans in the expansion and the icarus i just wish the bug that makes the zeus and the orbital titan unbuildable in galactic war would be fixed and that more multi-planet systems spawned in galactic war