What about REAL DotA?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Kel, February 24, 2011.

1. Kel

Kel New Member

I'm missing bigger and new maps, more players on the bigger maps etc. But what I really miss is a DotA-clone with items and stuff.

New katana for my assasin
    Dual dagger style?
    Combined items

With midgame, you have so much money and I would like to buy stuff ingame, like a real DotA-clone. Maybe as a mod or so, balancing would be hard work / much work but hey, it's DotA in 3D :D.
    When modtools come out (and I hope they will come out), I hope this is possible.
  2. hickwarrior

hickwarrior New Member

What about LOCO of alaplaya?(google it)

What about LoL?

And isn't DotA already in 3D? Or does a bird's eye perspective not count?

In summary: I'd like to keep the game the way it is right now.
  3. Kel

Kel New Member

LoL sucks, just a clone of the original DotA.
    LOCO of alaplaya looks interesting, but with a fantasy scenario and not sci-fi weapons.

Birds eye doesn't count, that's strategic and not action with Tomb Raider-perspective like MNC.
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

But you see Monday Night Combat is a wonderful hybrid, not a clone. Although MNC lore talks about clones... :arrow:
  5. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

Meh, the complicated item systems are exactly what I hated about DotA. It really prevented you from doing well before you memorized every frigging thing. I'd rather they expanded the gameplay through other things that don't complicate the game too much.
  6. Akutare

Akutare New Member

I have to agree with this, plus it would toughen game balance because something might seem overpowered with a certain item, while it is perfectly fine without it.
  7. Kel

Kel New Member

I didn't found DotA complicated after a few matches ... :?
    And I also talked about a mod, not an official version. No need to play a mod if you don't want.
  8. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Here is a short list with DotA-esque games:
    DotA (obviously)
    Demigod
    LoL
    HoN
    DotA II (in development by VALVe)
    Demigod 2 (there is talk about it at GPG)

I don't think we need any more games that are very similar to DotA. MNC is a shining example of how you can take the best from 2 genres and melt them into something even better. Straying too much in one direction will probably only water down the Alloy of Awesome... ;)
  9. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

fixed

and i'm pretty sure this game is not a clone of DotA like DeadStretch says. i play this game because of the idea of blending a shooter and moba (me being a fan of FPS and DotA, plus cartoony graphics), which i find interesting and fun.

as you said balancing and stuff for all those items would be hard so it's better to wait for a mod. as for new katana, could be a skin you get for lifetime earnings. and i dunno how dual daggers would work; they could make a new animation set for it, if they have a lot of time to spare.
  10. Kel

Kel New Member

Yes, all DotA-clones outside aren't shooter, so they don't count.
    There is no sci-fi shooter DotA there, so I want one :D.

And with the new katana I don't mean new skins, I mean an upgrade, buyable ingame.
  11. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

good news!! i heard from somewhere blizzard is working on a MOBA game based on StarCraft 2!!! doesn't satisfy the shooter part though =/

i dunno since we already have 3 levels of assassin's passive done and might be a problem on how to incorporate into the upgrades. yea, purchasable gear would be easier and i'd support it too :3
  12. Kel

Kel New Member

Starcraft 2 has a DotA-clone, but it's not as funny as the original in WC3. And I own most people there, that's not fun. Most people don't have any clue what they are doing :(.
    Like in MNC, but here I can kill people with my katana if they suck, so it's okay.

I don't think the developer will have time to get such things done, so I'm hoping for modding tools.
  13. xS m o k 3 z

xS m o k 3 z New Member

I dont understand how you can rip on LoL Kel, especially when they have more National and World wide tournaments than any other Aeon Of Strife clone game or Dota itself out there combined. Believe it or not, but LoL is the best and most popular "Aeon Of Strife" genre game. Yes, dota was not the first game of them all and just a clone of the starcraft game Aeon Of Strife. All games like Aeon of Strife, DoTa, LoL, HoN, etc., are all under the new genre Aeon Of Strife. Not strategy, but people do think that way most of the time because they dont know what to call these kind of games.
  14. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

true!! but when dota 2 comes out, there should be a comparison.

i think i read somewhere this new genre is called MOBA (multiplayer battle arena)

it's been a month since the "release date" of modding tools mentioned on steam. i hope they're using this time to perfect the mod tools :D
  15. xS m o k 3 z

xS m o k 3 z New Member

You can call it what ever you want, but like i said, its original genre name is AOS (Aeon Of Strife) and thats what it is. So, I'll be calling it nothing more than that.