Well, I hit 5 stars

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by killien, April 26, 2011.

1. killien

killien Active Member

Only to go back down to 4.8 the next map when I chose to goof around a bit and do well with Support
    About a 3 KD, handful of assists, a decent number of botkills but 3rd/4th on the team in cash and we won

o_0
  2. VLAD

VLAD New Member

*stands in corner and sadly stares at personal 3 star rating*
  3. killien

killien Active Member

Eh, the 5 star came from beating the crap out of some less-than-stellar players(a few ragekicks were attempted as well)

I'm also wondering if Uber made 5.00 the absolute max
    Before this last update I'd seen a few people that were 5.12, etc but that 5.00 I'd hit didn't change for 2 maps
  4. eternal

eternal New Member

Being 1 star should give you invincibility a-la Mario.
  5. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

The ragekick thing is why I hate votekick. Immature gamer babys can't handle losing, so they try to make it more fun for themselves and votekick good skill for no reason.

Even me, when I try to show people how to work together, and use the typing feature to communicate for crying out loud. I am the pinnicle of teamwork, but they can't handle someone doing good, it has to be individual effort or it is cheating.
  6. daztora

daztora New Member

I sit around 4 normally, to get 5 star I would have to main a kill whore class. Max ive got on Support over a few games is 4.35 or something. I just ignore it now. I think without me alot of peoples streaks would be ruined if I didn't heal them.

I hope in the future you can hide It or something.
  7. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

not true apparently.

I went 15 - 22 - 0 on Tully's, got chicky, wrecked massive bots and almost single handedly destroyed the MB while juiced. I went down .20 lol
  8. daztora

daztora New Member

Yeah I get random rank downs for performing well, tis a strange system indeed.
  9. Tigerhawk71

Tigerhawk71 Member

I stopped caring about my star rating around.. when was the patch that introduced the star system released again?...

I did find that playing "pacifist assassin" didn't help my star rating or KD but it sure is a funny way to MVP.. nothing but bot kills. and turrets. so many bots and turrets... i ended up with a couple of assists, but those were people i basically coughed on while running past
  10. killien

killien Active Member

Yea, the random dips after good runs is a bit weird. For the most part I have no interest in holding onto a 5 star rating or even 4.5+, tho I do go a little :( when it dips below 4
    So far I've been lucky since the closest any ragekicks have gotten were shy by 1 Yes vote
  11. Proxus

Proxus Member

Hey now. I helped. I did laugh at how you lost rating for that game though. Pretty ridiculous.

I hit 5.0 this weekend and decided to take a break for a few min. Joined another server on tully's and the enemy ball was down. I scrambled to get a few kills before the game ended. Ended up like 4-3-0-15 and lost .7 god damn rating. Q_Q.
  12. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

[​IMG]
  13. acanadianguy

acanadianguy New Member

I've discussed it in this thread: (but we'll post in here)

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9840

I'm also currently stuck at 5 Stars, though it hasn't dropped yet, regardless if I did well, poor, or even connect to the server!

Then again, the star system is still wacky. I'll never figure out how it works :roll:
  14. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

15. killien

killien Active Member

I know I played with a "How I shot gun" tho I can't remember if it was you or the other one, maybe both as I remember seeing both names with rather high and fairly mediocre star ratings
  16. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

the second i start to play a class other then tank,gunner or assault, i ignore my star rating, i suck at the others so its just, do the best i can
  17. DehydratedWater

who are you in game?

I was generally playing gunner, while the other one was playing grapplestrike support (or at least trying to, neither of us did particularly well)
  18. eternal

eternal New Member

Played a game earlier where we won in about 6 minutes. I took down 3 rocket turrets and 2 longshots, had 5kills 6assists 0 deaths and 7bot kills. I was in 4th place on my team (our sniper was by far #1 with 26 kills 1 assist 0 deaths 0 bot kills.)

So my end game score wasn't terribly high since killing turrets doesn't net you a whole lot of cash, but I destroyed 5 out of the 7 turrets that were built in the match. And yet at the end of the game I lost 0.6 on my star rating.
  19. killien

killien Active Member

Been bouncing nicks lately so I have no idea what it may have been at the time
  20. DehydratedWater

I HAVE SOLUTION FOR YOU TINY BABIES!

STOP LOOKING AT STAR AND START LOOKING AT W/L RECORD.

IF YOUR W/L IS UNDER 50% YOU ARE BAD, MEANS YOU NEED TO DO BETTER, STOP USING A BAD SYSTEM TO JUSTIFY BAD GAMEPLAY.