We Want The Ant #1

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by quevin, April 24, 2014.

1. quevin

quevin New Member

We Want The Ant

Love u!
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

They have a good point. They only named it that as a placeholder because they ran out of time and had to type something. They say they chose ant because the mass production macro gamestyle made those the unit you mainly spammed and flooded with so at least they do what they resemble.

I would like the ant. I would accept a well named substitute. I think the treader would match the scamper, but it was named under similar circumstances.

Note my sarcasm, but if they would spend more time thinking of a real name for the ant, and less time thinking of outrageous joke names (titanium insect, UNIT CANNON!?!) to troll us with, maybe they would figure something out.

Also, if they can't there is always one of those spiffy submit-and-vote-naming-contests that are often done by companies advertizing on those Manga magazines I read so often. I always like those, it is suprising how you never hear much about those games in those Manga advertizements.
  3. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Yup, those ten minutes we make a joke about a new name for it while walking to lunch is gonna set us back quite a bit.

While I have no particular attachment to the name Ant, I also had a reason to call it that initially. I also get why Scathis doesn't like it. We'll give it a final name when we're ready. In the meantime, perhaps having some fun with the renames would lower folks blood pressure, instead of getting worked up about it.

The word trolling seems to have been commandeered for anything that could resemble "joking around", I've noticed.

Just Friday morning musings. At the end of the day, eventually, you'll be able to call the basic laser tank.. whatever you want. Stop worrying about canon, and have more fun with cannons.
    tehtrekd, tollman and igncom1 like this.
  4. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Trolling would be leaving a message about how you never intended on finishing the game, and all moved to the Bahamas.

That would rustle my jimmy's.
    killzone5017002 likes this.
  5. superouman

superouman Post Master General

We need to call it the Bradicorn.
  6. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

No, seriously, call it the "asteroid belt". Please. That would be hilarious! There would be no end to it.

Oh, oh, call it Formicidae.
  7. Devak

Devak Post Master General

Brad's Razor

( an homage to occam's razor, although Brad's razor spam is definitely more simpler)
  8. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

What if they do have an role for an ant unit/structure what ever it is.kinda like mavor said. they dont want everything out in the open, and what if they do have a role for a unitcannon but it turn`s out much cooler then we thought? and what if we coulde have some unit ripping cracks into the earth/planet making it soo much cooler.maybe some robotic arm power slams he`s hands into the planet makeing the whole planet shake by the share power of the tech, Grabing it thereby ripping it apart because u made it and orderd it to destroy the planet,maybe not destory it but makeing terraeforming or whatever in somewahtway. kinda like the small cracks on some planets.What if u coulde launch it from a factory like a tech 4 fac something that only makes the best of best, lanching it with some super lanchu station into orbio into another planet u want to attack. and now u can see the core of the planet. and maybe u coulde do somehting cool with the lava as well.someting crazy cool u know,and what if? That`s the fun part of the dev of the game... we dont really know:D Got crazy, was about to type more, but then it woulde be even more random
    Last edited: April 26, 2014
  9. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Fixed.