Water Planets?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by atharol, December 19, 2013.

1. atharol

atharol Member

Hi i know the game are yet in Alpha/Beta stage but when will we se Water Planets :)?
    And how will you transport ships between this Water Planets?

Cant wait to play only navy combat on some planets :)

Would appreciate non guessing and a source ;)

Thanks
    Last edited: December 19, 2013
    cmdandy, stormingkiwi and beer4blood like this.
  2. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

water planets are already there.

afaik, we can only transport land units between planets, so only the commander would be able to move between water planets.
  3. totalannihilation

totalannihilation Active Member

well, so far it is not possible to make 100% water planet, the maximum water height you can have is 60, and that can produce a very good water planet with limited land, with no direct ground combat. Try putting the water level to 60 and change the seed, preview the world and keep changing until you are satisfy, that is how I made mine
  4. atharol

atharol Member

Quote: From Uber Entertainment.
    $1,100,000 - Naval units and Water Planets
    We are happy to announce that our first stretch goal is a set of naval units and extended support for water planets. One of the most popular questions we receive is whether or not naval warfare is going to be supported. We like naval warfare and want to have it in the game, but it’s going to be quite a bit of additional work. We want to not only support naval units but to do a great job at it. Likewise we want great support for water in the engine and the ability to create amazing planets that are largely water. First class support for naval means you will be able to have a combination of water and land planets as well as ice asteroids. Huge water only planets to play out all kinds of naval only scenarios will also be supported. Asteroid tsunamis FTW! Some of the water units we can expect include subs, amphibious units, floating buildings and of course battleships!

Source:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...nihilation-a-next-generation-rts/posts/293648
  5. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

I think I saw one in one of the streams, that people from the Realm made.. That was pretty good.
  6. r0ck1t

r0ck1t Active Member

Yeah it's possible, you just have to fool around with the planet options.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  7. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

One way to do battles on water only planets could be to make orbital fabricators that can create any factory from space. Allow ships to go through gates or even be launched in the unit canon lol
  8. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

....or tp gates...
  9. AyanZo

AyanZo Active Member

Speaking of water units, are submarines fixed yet?
    hahapants likes this.
  10. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

I cant help but think that for water planets, in more ways than one, it would add more DEPTH quite literally and figurative. If on water planets, you had you normal water units and base, and then you have the ability to make not only underwater units but also under water base, it would give a nice dynamic :)
  11. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Not yet. Well, so to speak.

They have been diligent making the game work at the moment with ships and submerged commanders being able to interact in combat, so there isn't no quirky one-sided fights.

Since then, and even before when not involving the commander, the ships have been their own tech all to themselves. They aren't comparable to tanks or bots, they hold a niche of strengths and weaknesses, and generally are mildly stronger than their land counterparts to comphensate for their limited terrain. Just barely stronger though, the extact bit they should be.

The other thing fixed recently, is the bothersome water control they had when in groups where they try to get around each other. That has gotten better. Although before, they worked fine like that, but it broke visual immersion to see it work that way.

I am a fan of cannon navy atm, their strengths weaknesses uses and such. Submarines are probably a later priority, after development work achieves a functioning playable game with all the other units on the land and orbital. Which is ok for now because as long as naval is tweaked to fix bugs there is no reason not to build it right now.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  12. totalannihilation

totalannihilation Active Member

Underwater bases sounds like a great idea, so people will make more naval units rather than just pick a bunch of planes and annihilate everything

Speaking of underwater, have they fixed the sonars yet? they stopped working by the end of november
  13. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Underwater bases would be awesome. It's really cool finally being able to build a base on water, something i always wanted from sup com. Taking it a step further and having under water base would create a new dynamic to the battle. It would allow for air, naval, orbital & now under water battles..

uber do you plan on allowing for under water bases?
    Antiglow likes this.
  14. atharol

atharol Member

Agreed! Underwater Bases would be f**** Awesome! but the focus should be on getting Water Planets up and running first and maybe some units to conquest them with :)
  15. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Well we have a bunch of Naval units, heck Naval factories are the most fleshed out so far really!

Mike
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  16. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

I don't see why not? Wondering if the engine supports them. Imagine having your entire base under water and the only way to see an under water base is with sonar, making it some what stealth like. It would add one more layer to the battles in pa..some units that can attack under water bases could be subs, torpedo planes, commanders, torpedo launchers, amphibious tanks, amphibious bots, destroyers, etc..maybe even allow under water catapults but make them cost more, nukes, anti nuke...would be uber!