Wargaming announces new Master of Orion game

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by theseeker2, June 9, 2015.

1. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

Last edited: June 9, 2015
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I guess you have a verification that master of orion is not what they are working on?
  3. theseeker2

if WG Seattle was working on it, the launch trailer would have been published by WG Seattle, not WG EU.
    edit: U.S. MoO website just went online not that long ago
    Last edited: June 9, 2015
  4. theseeker2

- Apparently the new Master of Orion is being developed in Argentina because US staff is way too expensive;

From a RU Q/A. Yep, WG Seattle isn't working on it.
  5. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I tend to not waste my time with F2P (this will probably be f2p) games because they usually tend to be P2W.

If not they're generally bad.
  6. theseeker2

It's not f2p, though. Already been confirmed.
    cdrkf likes this.
  7. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

You ever played star conflict? Best f2p game I've played. You can save a lot of time and get a few odd tech combos by paying, but due to how they organise the tech you never go up against a ship way higher than you which avoids a lot of possible balance issues. It also means you can have a fun game irrespective of how far up the tech tree you are....
  8. theseeker2

I've played it. It's alright, but my favorite F2P games are World of Tanks and War Thunder.
    cdrkf likes this.
  9. arseface

arseface Post Master General

A vast majority of games are bad. It's not F2P that's the issue there.

And honestly there have been good P2W games.
  10. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

from what they shown recently it actualy looks pretty promising ...
  11. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

I've been playing it. And it's pretty good. Keep in mind I have not played the old Master of Orion games though. (In other words i'm coming in with an open mind and not that of "Master of Orion 2 was better and everything else is crap")

I have 3 main gripes.
    1- AI is horrible. So hard to get in their good books diplomacy wise, but even if you manage it by some miracle your diplomacy rating with them will randomly drop massively for what appears to be no reason. Also a bunch of other AI issues but diplomacy is my main gripe.
    2- Model detail is low. The textures are decent but I feel they could have put quite a bit more work into the ship models. (Exceedingly simple at the moment, simpler than PA with some models like the dox).
    3- Needs more events. Basically need more interactions with the galaxy in general.

Other than that the game is pretty damn decent so far, very nicely done. In it's current state even with my complaints it's more polished than a lot of aaa titles now days. If you guys like 4x games, definitely keep an eye on it.
    jackburton176 likes this.