1. MrMusikal

MrMusikal New Member

Why are people calling this a TF2 copy?
    *It only has six classes.
    *Third Person.
    *Bots that differ from MNC's actual classes.
    *Level up system.
    ANNNNNDDDDD it's a game made by VETERAN GAME DEVELOPERS.

Take it from me I love TF2 but MNC has no right to be called a "Copy cat."

I USED COLORS!!! Im Proud.
  2. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

I can see some similarity, But thats not a bad thing.

TF2 is my favorite FPS and have you seen the state its in on the xbox 360? Its dead and full of cheaters and valve doesn't care enough to give us some DLC. And when I saw the MNC trailer I was so happy because there is like no class based FPS's on xbox 360 and we need more.

I say it could be a similar game in some ways but thats ok because TF2 is a good game, I can tell this game is going to be completely different though and I'm really excited to see how it turns out.

EDIT: Most people who say games are like TF2 havent even played it, People were saying Bioshock 2 multi-player is like TF2 and I'm thinking "Have you even played TF2?", And theres a new game coming out called Brink and people say its like a cross between MW2 and TF2 when the only TF2 part of it was different classes, I would have said its a cross between MW2 and Mirrors Edge because you can do wall climbs and stuff like in Mirrors Edge.
  3. MrMusikal

MrMusikal New Member

I've Heard about brink and that flamers called it a TF2/MW2 mix which isn't really true due to that there are three class types in brink six in MNC and Nine in TF2.

Still makes me rage that maybe trolls said that TF2 was a copy of another class based game and life repeats itself.

I would have never found out about this wonderful game if it wasn't for those people back at the TF2 fourms... So I kinda owe it to them.
  4. TheJustinIsALie

Indeed I heard about this when some people were raging about it being a clone, Perhaps Uber should think about releasing the trailer on xbox live because this game is almost non-existant to the xbox community only TF2 players know about it.

I thought Brink was kinda like you make you own class with weapons and stuff like in MW2 or you can just use presets but IDK I havent looked into that game too much yet.
  5. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

TF2 is a copy of another class-based game... TF1.

KEKEKE.
  6. TheJustinIsALie

TF1 was a copy from a quake mod that valve bought out.
  7. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Crossfire reminds me a little bit of DotA/Demigod-like gameplay. Really looking forward to that!
  8. MrMusikal

MrMusikal New Member

I LOVEEEE DotA!!! If crossfire is like that im going to play that gamemode and that gamemode only. :p
  9. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

I thought it was TF2 for Halo F***? :mrgreen:

Seriously though do you guys think we would just rip off TF2?
  10. gnats3

gnats3 Member

No, but we aren't the problem.
  11. tehwalrus

tehwalrus New Member

Why do people call it a TF2 copy? MNC is obviously highly influenced by TF2 - Sniper, Spy, Heavy directly copied, Pyro/Soldier combined as Tank, Medic/Engineer combined as Support, and Assault is Demo with a rifle, and Pitgirl is obviously wearing the Scout's outfit... (hot, btw)
  12. TheJustinIsALie

Because of the misleading trailer but after seeing some game play vids im sure their eyes are opened now.
    I agree.
  13. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

What Justin said.
  14. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

Most of the people who call it a TF2 clone probably haven't played it yet. I will admit, I had the same thought originally...but then I played it and realized how wrong that assumption was.

So to all those who claim it to be a clone, you have not right to say so if you haven't even played it yet. If you HAVE played it and still think that....well, then I really don't know what to say to you.
  15. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Yeah, anyone who spends time playing the game immediately goes "wtf, this isn't a TF2 clone!!"
  16. Shepster

Shepster New Member

I still tell people its "like TF2" when I'm describing the game to them but I never say it's a copy of it. I do it as more of a way to kind of instantly familiarize them with the game as a class based shooting game with objectives more than just killing your opponent. However, that then usually leads to further questioning where the differences between the two are made clear. Just my 2 cents.
  17. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

I agree, while not a clone I think its fair to say it is "like TF2", especially if it helps establish some familiar ground for people.
  18. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

I think the whole "Red State" "Blue State" thing is a ripoff of said game too.
  19. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

I wouldnt even really say that Scathis....red and blue have been commonly used colors in games to represent to opposing sides for a while now. It more of an established "go to" thing that people quickly adapt to and understand.
  20. tehwalrus

tehwalrus New Member

It's international orange and azure anyway, not red and blue :p