Viruses?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by puga1999, March 24, 2013.

?

see title...

1. Yea, must be there!

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. No, bad idea...

18 vote(s)
    62.1%
  3. Can't imagine...

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  1. puga1999

puga1999 New Member

What about having some infector buildings/units to steal enemy's units, make'em suicide themselves, make'em unable to attack, make'em miss or any other of the millions of options of virus use?

puga1999
  2. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

In TA there was a spider paralizer which was pretty awesome.

It would be nice to have something like that again!
  3. rabbit9000

rabbit9000 Member

I'd like to see it but it needs to be a slow not often happening thing.

I don't want to see entire armies getting flipped, though PA would support that scale I think.

It's more likely to be something that happens to stragglers at the end of a battle.

But yeah, Necro bots, capture bots, (though engis have done it since TA) spider bots.

Non usual weaponry is a must to keep gameplay interesting.
  4. dosbag

dosbag Member

With the scale of the game I dont think having units with hotkey abilities would be good. Units with a role like bringing back units or converting them could just be spammed I would assume.

So I run in with my army only for it to be swapped away from me, now what?
  5. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

The TA lathe combined a huge set of abilities into a single all purpose constructor. Any ONE of those abilities can totally fit into its own kind of combat/support role.

Capturing in TA was restricted to the Commander. Supcom 1 and 2 expanded this option to any engineer. One has to be careful with capture, as it is a TWO unit swing- the enemy loses one, and you gain one. That makes it twice as lethal.