Video Proof of bad hit registration

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by sokoto, August 23, 2010.

1. sokoto

sokoto New Member

2. Sauceman

Sauceman New Member

Pretty much any problem I've ever had with hit detection is the support. For some reason when i snipe I can't headshot them unless they aren't moving, and when I hit them, even in there head, it takes 2-3 shots. However I can snipe faster moving assaults and assassins no problem. Also, when I play gunner, it seems like support is the guy it takes the most bullets to kill, which I assume means not as many are hitting them.

You play support right? You should probably be happy about this until they decide to fix it.
  3. sokoto

sokoto New Member

I can play any class except Assassin, I main assault and generally if needed play support or gunner.
  4. vvipeout

vvipeout New Member

yeah happens to me all the time... :(
  5. OptiMAT

OptiMAT New Member

Whenever I get the Silver Shield effect of hitting people, I just assume it's lag rather than bad hit reg.
  6. sokoto

sokoto New Member

Either way this happens a ton, I shouldve capped a match of me playing gunner unloading an entire minigun clip and point blank range into a snipers back, he eats all of my bullets with the silver shield turns around and grapples me then kills me.
  7. UberSoldat 247

UberSoldat 247 New Member

I agree the hit detection can be off sometimes but about 95% of the time it's due to some sort of lag. The only problem I have with Hit Detection is with the Sniper. Sometimes the headshot will be dead on and nothing ... You can even see the bullet hit but nothing happens. But all I have to say in response to the video is .... waaahhh my OP shotgun doesn't work for once. So many people just take the easy way out and use Support ... why are you guys crying about hit detection you have AUTO-AIM.
  8. razman360

razman360 Member

In order for the shotgun to hit or even be within lethal range, you have to be dry humping ur target. In close range, yes the power is high, but anything outside that range is free to back pedal and pump lead into the little Italian man.

And auto aim doesn't do all of the work, it just slows the movement of the crosshairs when it passes over a player..and tht becomes pointless anyway if ur bullets don't even work.

I thiiink (hope) the problem is going to be fixed in the next update. The revs ar aware of the problem :)
  9. Vike113

Vike113 New Member

It seems like there's a problem in the coding rather than lag since the game creates an animation (shield) for the shots not registering.
  10. sokoto

sokoto New Member

I play what my team needed and that happened to be support, support is a very hard class against people who know how to play the game, support is only good close range anything less than 15 ft. Yes you have air strikes and yes you have a firebase but when your playing smart players they easily avoid your air strikes and they usually snipe down your firebase if you put it in an offensive spot. I main assault but in that match we needed a support to heal team mates and turrets and I also think its in the game because that silver shield or whatever shows your shots hitting him but the player loses no damage, if it lag usually your shots register it just takes forever to kill the person.
  11. metalsnake27

metalsnake27 New Member

This problem is known to occur with the support's shotgun. Many times i get people telling me that "I hit you at point blank with the shotgun". I just go "You did? Because... i didnt see myself get hit...."

Not sure exactly what the problem is but thats the only weapon i've seen problems with.
  12. sokoto

sokoto New Member

This happens throughout the game from unloading AR clips into snipers, to shooting a minigun into a support or sniper or sniping someone in the head etc.. Its a bad combination of lag and bad hit registration and its frequent from my experience.
  13. quaabi

quaabi New Member

i LOL'D when i saw the second clip! lololololz
  14. Arcell

Arcell New Member

I'm gonna have to say it's probably on your side. I rarely ever have hit detection problems and when I do it's generally because of a laggy match.
  15. PrivateJohn

PrivateJohn New Member

It happens to me alot of time, I think this is something to do with the lag.
  16. metalsnake27

metalsnake27 New Member

Ah ive had issues before where i was aiming at a tank in the head, and its not a headshot? O_O How can i miss that big kimbo slice head?
  17. Nayr

Nayr New Member

lol You do realize support is one of the most important classes for a team right? Without it your turrets are as good as dead.
  18. Downfall

Downfall New Member

I am surprised people are ignoring the VM...but I guess people are just used to XBL more. Anyway, I always though the Shotty detection was a bit off, I been 1 shotted halfway across a bridge, as an Assault with Gold Armor
  19. brendy

brendy New Member

It only happens to me when it's a laggy game.
  20. D3C3P7AKONZ

D3C3P7AKONZ New Member

i get this all the time when playing as support or a Hg its freaking annoying i assumed i might have just been missing something obviously not..