Upgrading Metal Extractors

Discussion in 'Support!' started by liltbrockie, October 2, 2013.

1. liltbrockie

liltbrockie Active Member

Is there an easy way to upgrade metal extractors..?
    At the moment it seems it is a case of blowing up the original... reclaiming the land then building a new advanced metal extractor in its place.
  2. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

You can just build over the old one. (If there's enough place to fit the bit larger t2.)
  3. liltbrockie

Really... OK i will give that a go.
  4. logon

logon Member

Isn't this a bug currently?

From what i've hear you should be able to build a T2 over the T1 and replace the old one but currently you keep both.
  5. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

It looks to me like they've updated the art so that the two sit quite nicely with one another. Probably still a WIP, but I'd say this is intended behaviour.
  6. liltbrockie

So the current implementation is you can build an advanced metal extractor right next to an already existing metal extractor?
  7. skintkingle

skintkingle New Member

Yes, It's to keep the separation of t2 just being better than t1, so you can have both still. Something i've noticed as well is you can place Advanced MEX's and THEN put the basic MEX's in after... Strange.. I think going straight for Advanced MEX's should dis-allow you from putting the Basic MEX in it.
  8. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Even better - directly on top of. Then the artwork means that you basically have what looks like three 'pumps' and it works relatively well. I've not yet tried building a basic extractor after an advanced, though.
  9. alucard65

alucard65 New Member

In my opinion it should still be possible to build T1 extractors into T2 extractors since having both at one metal spot is a nice increase in income
  10. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Nah, thats just busywork. Make the t2 mex assimilate the t1 and have no difference how you reached the t2.

And please lower the metal from the t2 mex to something more reasonable...