Updated intel graphics card and PA.exe still stopped working, attached dxdiag

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by nwq, September 28, 2013.

1. nwq

nwq New Member

I was going to post this in the other thread about PA.exe crashing, but every time I hit 'reply to thread' the only thing that happened was an avira system speedup pop up came up.

I updated intel graphics card and PA.exe still stopped working, I attached dxdiag. I'm guessing my laptop can't run this game?

Attached Files:

2. class101

class101 New Member

Your first problem is the Graphic card which is an integrated one and not dedicated for gaming

Secondly your RAM 4GB, too short for gaming, your computer will swap and become slow very fast

As far I see a Notebook is not a Gaming computer, you may run some games without problems but technically this is a low spec for running a game like PA and today some developers completely choose to not support Intel HD cards because they are too problematic, see PAYDAY 2 they officially not support Intel HD.
  3. dionytadema

dionytadema Active Member

no you problem is just you graphics card. it's old and does not support OpenGL 3.0, and thus PA will never run on it as PA uses OpenGL 3.0. also a card with only 64Mb of dedicated memory and an additional 1Gb of shared is not anywhere near enough

your only option is to upgrade your graphics card, but seen as this is a notebook that probably is not possible

the rest of your device is up to the minimum requirements
    Last edited: September 29, 2013
  4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

This is not really integrated card, it's onboard graphics (on motherboard and not inside CPU).

PA actually runs on all CPU-integrated Intel HD cards, at least (I'm 100% sure about that) starting from Intel HD2000/3000. But first generation of Intel HD also should work.
  5. class101

class101 New Member

Yes sorry wrong term but I meant on the onboard

Didn't know for the Intel HD , nice to know they support it, not sure how it will render so in big battles
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

There is one guy on steam who own laptop with Pentium B950 and Intel HD2000. He really have playable FPS on it. :)
    Even posted topic about planet crashing:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/0/864980277753717559/

So performance on CPU-integrated Intel graphics are actually much better than you might think. Actually there is much more problems on old ATI/AMD HD 4XXX discrete cards than on Intel HD.