Units you would like to see return from TA?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by yinwaru, August 20, 2012.

1. yinwaru

yinwaru New Member

Personally, I was a Core player. However, I really, really liked some of the Arm's rapid-fire units, the Peewee and Brawler in particular, and would love to see them return. The Peewee seems to be back, at least in appearance, but they were wielding lasers and not EMGs. The Brawlers weren't all that great as standalone units, but there's just something so cool about airborne EMG spam.

So, my question to you is: what units would you like to see return from TA? Supreme Commander units are also welcomed.

Obviously, at some point, this won't be a big deal - if mod support is robust enough I'm sure we'll see some 1:1 remakes of TA and everyone will get to play with all of the old units again. But in the meantime, it's nice to think about.
  2. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

All of them :)

(yes, I know it was already said. But it needed to be said again)

EDIT: On that note, if there's enough interest (and if it looks possible, given we don't yet know the extent of modding) I'll look into porting SC:TA to make PA:TA. There's something ... awesome about Bertha's firing across planets.
    bengeocth likes this.
  3. captelmo

captelmo New Member

I love the Peewee! -it's why I have such a soft spot for SC's Marines (especially when they're being air dropped!).

My fave TA units though were Sumo's. They were such a flawed beauty to play with. You had to set your Sumo assault off about a year before you started air lifting stuff in to support them (usually The Can) because they were so slow. Through a bunch of L1 tanks and k-bots in as distractions though and I loved watching them tower over other stuff and shriek that L2 laser from on high. They were a nightmare to put down!

Oh proper amphibious tanks like Crocks and Tritons too - nothing quite like seeing them emerge from the sea and hammer the enemy.
  4. ghargoil

ghargoil New Member

Yup, I too (and speaking for all of my friends who backed this -- them too!) would like to see as many as possible units, copies, inspired-bys, etc.. return from Total Annihilation and its expansion packs and patches.

That said, I'd definitely like to see a TA total conversion (+ some new units) if vanilla PA turns out substantially different.
  5. JWest

JWest Active Member

Moho everything. Also that rapid fire buzzsaw artillery cannon thing.