Units that should get some kind of buff

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by adamjohnson, June 14, 2017.

1. adamjohnson

adamjohnson New Member

I just wanted to open up a discussion about this because it has been on my mind for a while. For most units in PA you can state that they have a purpose for different situations and some units are arguably better(tier1 compared to tier 2 for example). Though I will name both tier 1 and tier 2 units in this thread it is mostly aimed at tier 2 units since these shouldn't be super easy to kill with most tier 1 units.

First the pelican. Does anybody even use this anymore? I can see how you would maybe build them if you needed to transport vehicles on a naval or lava map but they would just get shot down with AA and with doxes now able to walk under water I really don't see the point in making them, ever. Maybe make them a lot faster or tougher? I'm not saying it shouldn't exist, I just mean that it is kind of useless.

Second the Icarus. I have used them a couple of times as base defenders instead of hummingbirds and it definitely helps out with eco but when somebody attacks me with his air force full of hummingbirds they get mowed down in an instant. I have tried mixing hummingbirds with icarus but that doesn't really work either. I guess they are cheap and can attack some ground targets making them good against vehicles but if somebody goes dox spam they will outrun you and shoot you out of the sky. Maybe make them faster so they can be a dox counter?

Third is the Wyrm. This one especially as it is a tier 2 unit and shouldn't be so easy to kill. The biggest problem is how slow it is. It does a ton of damage but that is useless when you get shot down before reaching your target. It is described as a "Siege bomber" which to me sounds like it should be an offensive unit. I was kind of disappointed to not really have a good tier 2 bomber in titans anyway so. I can see how the unit could work if you send it with an army or maybe nuke defenses first but this only happens in rare instances in my experience.

Anyway, let me think what you think of these units, are they really underpowered? Should they be buffed? How would you buff them?