Unit restrictions

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by carn1x, April 29, 2016.

1. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

I'd like to look into making a mod that revolves around unit restrictions. Some ideas I'd like to play with:

1. Basic server disabling of units: Game owner can remove units from the game.
    2. Per-player "Deck building": Each unit is assigned points, players pick their loadout.
    3. Pre-game dynamic "banning" of units: Each player applies bans to the game to remove units from the game.

Knowing virtually nothing about where to start, can anybody tell me whether any of the above ideas are simply not possible for the current state of moddability? If they are possible, then I'd certainly like to give them a whirl.
  2. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

1. It already exist, don't remember the name. Something called .... Filters.
    2. One
    3. Also one
    carn1x likes this.
  3. Heizmeister

Heizmeister Member

Do you mean this ?
    carn1x likes this.
  4. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

Cool! I'll check it out. Is there anything @mikeyh hasn't built?! I'm guessing he's got bigger priorities right now though, maybe I can contribute/fork.
  5. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Would require everyone to have a client mod which then manipulated the unit restrictions pre-game.

Lobby might be doable as a UI based system with honerable players (sim could not enforce)