Unit/Building ideas

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by kmike13, February 11, 2013.

1. kmike13

kmike13 Member

I was bored and didn't have anything better to do with my time, so i just came up with a bunch of random ideas. So go on and insult them and say whats wrong with them and such. seriously though, I like criticism as long as it isnt: "you're stupid and so are your ideas".

And you can compliment them too.

Tech 2 Floating Artillery Unit
    -Longer range floating artillery unit. Fires exploding shells upon buildings and groups of units. Slow fire rate.

Tech 2 Hopper Assault Bot
    -Short range, fast unit with low health and slightly higher DPS. Traverses terrain easily using high power leg shocks and jump technology.

Tech 2 Heavy Missile launcher
    -Very slow fire rate, takes a while to charge up, and releases a volley of 4 high speed projectiles that do high damage to immobile structures and vehicles. Slow moving medium health, vulnerable to any direct fire unit.

Tech 1 Heavy tank (Bruiser)
    -Largest pure damage and health statistics, slow unit, direct fire shots.

Tech 1 orbital radar station
    -Orbital satellite unit, slow moving radar station.

Sight seer orbital sight unit
    -Orbital satellite with land sight capabilities

Orbital strike unit
    -Support satellite which can launch an orbital strike on ground forces for a large energy cost.

Space hunter
    -Simple orbital ship with high speed, medium damage, medium health

Orbital AA electro shocker
    -Fires shock pulses at aircraft.

AA sniper turret
    -Slow rate of fire high damage sniper tower, good for taking down high health slow moving aircraft, terrible for swarms of bombers or gunships.

Orbital Nuke Bomber
    -Just drops a nuke from orbit. :p

Orbital Nuke silo
    -Launches a specialized nuclear projectile that detonates in orbit, annihilating orbital units.

Nuclear battleship
    -A large ocean battleship equipped with a nuke silo as well as Anti-Nuke capabilities. High health slow movement. Minimal defense capabilities, mostly anti air defense.

Space Whale Giant Transportation Unit
    -Very large Orbital Unit with high capacity and large amount of health. Equipped with a downward mounted artillery cannon, which can secure a drop zone from enemy units. Limited to no defense from air or orbital.

Proximity detonation building
    -Disguised as another building, or perhaps cloaked, it detonates when in a certain proximity to units, dealing massive amounts of damage.

Mega Blaster
    -Very expensive building, Creates a large radius mega blast insta-killing most aircraft for a MASSIVE energy cost.

Time Bomb
    -Temporarily slows down time in the affected area, including mass and energy production.
  2. Mechdra

Mechdra New Member

Tech 2 Floating Artillery Unit
    Great idea

Tech 1 orbital radar station
    Sight seer orbital sight unit
    Both are good, but there should be a combination of the two- that would be used later in game.

AA sniper turret
    -Slow rate of fire high damage sniper tower, good for taking down high health slow moving aircraft, terrible for swarms of bombers or gunships.
    Awesome! :D I want this IMPLEMENTED!! I can't wait to take down an army with that! ;D
  3. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

I want a: ______ _______
    Code:
    Tiny
    Small
    Medium
    Large
    Extreme
    Code:
    Ground unit with some unspecified method of motion that can include, but is not limited to the tracked vehicular style associated with a tank
    Aircraft
    Boat
    Sub
    Structure
    with ________
    Code:
    High speed
    Thick armor
    Crazy firepower
    Awesome abilities
    A bit of everything
    that uses a ________ _______
    Code:
    Short range
    Long range
    Extreme range 
    Code:
    Pay-per-shot
    Direct fire
    Indirect fire
    Lathe
    Physics
    non
    weapon that excels at
    Code:
    Assault
    Raiding
    Anti X
    Long range
    Splash
    Utility
    Defense
    Defense breaking
    Intel/Counter Intel
    Resources
    . In addition, it has _________
    Code:
    Radar/Sonar
    Cloak/stealth
    Jump jets
    Unusual Terrain advantage.
    Unusual attack.
    Big explosion
    More speed
    More dakka
    More utility

There ya go. Unit design away.
    Last edited: February 11, 2013
  4. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

*GASP* You forgot "robot" (bot) as a option (and orbital, but that isent as unforgivable as bot)!

Burn the heretic!
  5. supremevoid

supremevoid Member

This would be awesome.

But the Unit has to have only 1 Nuke on board and has to refill it at his station for X cost for the next Bomb.
  6. bobucles

Oh no! Maybe it's just a tank with legs?
  7. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

Heresy :lol: :roll: .

But seriously, a tank is generaly defined as a armored combat vehicle with tracks (Most dictionaries and wikipedia defines a tank as such).

So no tracks = not a tank (Atleast when going by the general defenition) = So "a tank with legs" shouldent be called a tank anymore, unless it also have tracks of course (Now thats a weird image, tracks and legs) :roll: .
  8. bobucles

Okay! Okay. I'll fix it.
    You rang?
  9. hunter577

hunter577 New Member

Unit/Building ideas Space Whales and Welders

But seriously, I'd love to see some sort of implementation of space whales. I don't care if they don't do anything but sit there and act majestic, I want em'. Anyways, is there any sort of a plan for a "welder" unit with healing capabilities? Just a thought.
  10. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Re: Unit/Building ideas Space Whales and Welders

Well, a core function of fabrication units is to repair, in addition to building and assisting, so yes, I think. :) If I'm understanding the question correctly.

No comment on space whales, as we don't intend to make a mobile city of London for now.
    spazzdla, Murcanic and hunter577 like this.
  11. kmike13

kmike13 Member

Any plans for a transport that can travel through Time And Relative Dimension in Space?
  12. exonia

exonia New Member

I think we'll have enough time travel with Chrono Cam... as cool as that may be.

Also, this isn't Achron, it's PA!
  13. kmike13

kmike13 Member

Yeah but the Chrono cam can only go backwards. :(
  14. Bastilean

Bastilean Active Member

But you can go forwards with the + button. Ludicrous speed even! :)
  15. exonia

exonia New Member

I guess you could have a feature where you send a group of units forward in time to a particular area, that could trick your opponent into thinking that you have fewer units than you actually have for the time that they reappear... But I don't think it would really make all that much of a difference from a strategic point of view; you don't really gain anything except the element of surprise at a later date (you're rendering those units non-useable for a period of time when you could otherwise have just used them immediately after being built). Interesting thought though.
  16. hunter577

hunter577 New Member

That answer is why I love you guys.
  17. krakanu

krakanu Well-Known Member

I almost posted a link to 2 other unit idea threads with far more posts in them, but then I realized this is a necro and that this post was actually created first :eek:
  18. meshakhad

meshakhad New Member

"Mjolnir" Planetary Laser Cannon

The ultimate in artillery, the Mjolnir is a massive laser cannon capable of firing on other planets. Very few units or structures will survive a hit. However, in addition to being extremely expensive, the Mjolnir has three major weaknesses. First, it has a very slow firing rate. Second, every blast costs a significant amount of energy, making a sustained bombardment incredibly expensive. Third, it must have a line of sight to the target location.

Why? Because it's a giant laser that can shoot at other planets.
  19. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

T-2 arty, nope T-1 arty
    T-2 hopper, Much micro, unless if it was automated
    T-2 HML, you mean MML from FA.
    T-1 Heavy tank, you mean T-2 tank.
    NukeBattleship, we have subs